Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Yaya Trotter

anewman

Dog shit at the beginning but he's improved week on week so probably worth a punt

Haven't we already punted?

For some reason I thought we had already signed him on a contract, or at the very least had an agreement in place that we would be signing him permanently as soon as we are allowed to

• Moderators

For some reason I thought we had already signed him on a contract, or at the very least had an agreement in place that we would be signing him permanently as soon as we are allowed to

the reason you think that is that it was made clear that was the case when he signed :)

he's a good player

another one of a long list who will make the 'experts' look like fools

Long list?

I remember the same prophetic statement almost word for word about Owen Coyle Garrpo

We all get some players right and some wrong; no need for the assertion that wrong opinions of them make folk look daft

Long list?

I remember the same prophetic statement almost word for word about Owen Coyle Garrpo

We all get some players right and some wrong; no need for the assertion that wrong opinions of them make folk look daft

We discussed this at Yeovil and Charlton.

I've no problem with people getting it right or wrong.

My problem is them being written off before being given a proper chance.

Like I said with Coyle and I say with Freedman, I will want them sacked when its beyond all doubt they don't know what they are doing.

You won't ever get me saying Dougie out one week and then the next he should be given more time.

Time up for me for Coyle was after losing to Hull. Yes, he should have been sacked earlier but we can all use hindsight. You won't find one single person out there who would have Coyle back. It was the right decision.

You still get people now saying Sammy Lee should be out next manager. That's because he was sacked too early in my opinion. That's not me saying he would have been any good, I have no idea but the reason you get people suggesting him getting another go is because we don't know beyond all doubt if he could have been any good.

Anyway, this was about players not managers and its completely different.

You and many others wrote Trotter off after a few games. You didn't just say he'd played poorly, you said he was shit, not good enough, terrible signing etc etc. You wouldn't admit he had a good game against barnsley (in his proper position) and even after Saturday "if we want to go up he's not for us".

He's not the first and he won't be the last.

All im asking is for fans to give players a chance and not get on their back if they aren't Man of the Match on the debut.

It works the opposite way too. Joe Riley is the best right back to ever have played the game after our 5-0 win against Stoke. He gets better and better the longer he's out.

Like I said with Coyle and I say with Freedman, I will want them sacked when its beyond all doubt they don't know what they are doing.

You won't ever get me saying Dougie out one week and then the next he should be given more time.

Time up for me for Coyle was after losing to Hull. Yes, he should have been sacked earlier but we can all use hindsight. You won't find one single person out there who would have Coyle back. It was the right decision.

You still get people now saying Sammy Lee should be out next manager. That's because he was sacked too early in my opinion. That's not me saying he would have been any good, I have no idea but the reason you get people suggesting him getting another go is because we don't know beyond all doubt if he could have been any good.

You and many others wrote Trotter off after a few games. You didn't just say he'd played poorly, you said he was shit, not good enough, terrible signing etc etc. You wouldn't admit he had a good game against barnsley (in his proper position) and even after Saturday "if we want to go up he's not for us".

All im asking is for fans to give players a chance and not get on their back if they aren't Man of the Match on the debut.

It works the opposite way too. Joe Riley is the best right back to ever have played the game after our 5-0 win against Stoke. He gets better and better the longer he's out.

Fuck off talking sense. Your clogging the place up :thumbsup:

• Site Supporter

You won't win many friends on here with that attitude...... however it's well worth a +1 !! :thumbsup:

• Moderators

jules, as the season draws to a close, we should put our weapons down for the summer

however, danns, medo and trotter...all shit???

you may want to leave it a bit before writing them off in future

however, garpos wrong about davies and he won't admit it, so why should you

jules, as the season draws to a close, we should put our weapons down for the summer

however, danns, medo and trotter...all shit???

you may want to leave it a bit before writing them off in future

however, garpos wrong about davies and he won't admit it, so why should you

OK....

Danns; first few games he looked a headless chicken for me; I didn't get having both him and Pratley amongst our other glut of midfielders, but since then Pratley, Mavies and Holden have been unavailable for various reasons and Eagles has disappeared....assuming at the time that they were all going to be available I didn't get the move for him. However, he's grown into the role and doesn't go missing half as much...I'll readily admit I was wrong with Danns - he's good enough for us. I also believe he has a brilliant attitude etc so hands up - no problem there

Medo; actually this is the other way around; I rated him at first, but over time I have seen what appears to be his desire wane - it may be because it's a different view up as high as I sit, but both Gumbo and I have regularly commented about him drifting in midfield - he lets his man go very often and his passing has appeared to be dreadful. He goes after it when he loses it, but I think he's got worse and worse after a bright start for us. Now, he was dropped inexplicably earlier in the season when he was having a good run so there may be issues behind the scenes with him. I have no evidence, but my gut is that he's either trouble, or alternatively has fallen out with DF and co

Trotter; to his credit he's been played in 3 different positions and he strikes a lovely ball - either passing or shooting...however, what I don't think will change is the way he has ambled between phases of play like Medo...I believe much of the game passes him by, he has 1 pace and is a softy for a big lad. Happy to see how he is beginning of next season, but I just don't see him being a success. As for Barnsley I honestly didn't think he was very good - he was poor IMO and the same for the folk who sit around me! However he was decent Saturday....

You may disagree with the above, but it's all thought out and not just a lashing out at anyone and everyone....

And I'm with Garrp on the likes of Joe Riley...however, we can't write him off either...we simply don't know

Edited by jules_darby