Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

26 Years Ago Today

gja69

Blackburn away- 20,000 whites to see Franky Worthy slot home a great pass from Greavo, never forget that day sat in the Darwen end as a 9 year old , at one point I turned round and saw peter Nicholson sat in the crowd n he winked at me . Lo and behold nipped into local club yesterday n Greavo n Nicko were having a pint after a game of golf, had a pint and a chat and only today noticed the significant date - seems coincidental or maybe fate?

• Site Supporter

Can't believe we will ever replicate those times again. Massive away followings on terracing & a team that was a joy to behold.... or is it just me getting old & nostalgic? Nights games especially memorable, Blackburn, Derby & Everton away. Blackburn at home...33,000 for a div 3 game. Oh, & the slaying of the dmbs, so glad I grew up in that era.

Think Bolton have been on pitch at most other local grounds for one reason or another.

Blackburn (as above)

Preston (trouble in the mid 80s at Div 3 games)

Burnley (trouble at the FA Cup game in 87)

Blackpool (Sherpa Van win in 89).

Can't bring to mind pitch invasions at WIgan and Bury. Home end invasions at both, but not pitch invasions.

Don't recall any of the above doing the same at Burnden or the Reebok.

Can't bring to mind pitch invasions at WIgan and Bury. Home end invasions at both, but not pitch invasions.

Pitch invasion when we scored in the last minute of the Freight Rover Trophy semi-final first leg at Wigan.