First Away Day

Rembrandt

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burnley Oct(ish) 1994-

We Only Need Nine Men!

Got the train on my todd, missed kick off and a SJM goal.  Was intrigued by the half bricks caught in the netting that acted as segregation.  I was 14.  My Dad was not impressed when he learnt it was away!

• Members

Nottingham Forest FA Cup 3rd Round 1967. Got beat 4-2. I went with Jimmy Ramsden and his dad (RIP).

Great day out and got Jim Baxter's autograph - which I subsequently lost.

I was at that game V! John Hulme scored both ours from memory and I always remember the Trent End singing the 'Mighty Quinn' song every two fucking minutes!

Edit - mine was Bury away. Must have been 64-65 season as that's when me dad started to take me to every home game and the odd away. I remember we lost 2-1 and Franny Lee scored for us. I was devastated. Seem to recall Alex Dawson scoring for them. Don't know what the crowd was but it was chockers - at least seemed so to me.

Edited by bolty58

I was at that game V! John Hulme scored both ours from memory and I always remember the Trent End singing the 'Mighty Quinn' song every two fucking minutes!

Edit - mine was Bury away. Must have been 64-65 season as that's when me dad started to take me to every home game and the odd away. I remember we lost 2-1 and Franny Lee scored for us. I was devastated. Seem to recall Alex Dawson scoring for them. Don't know what the crowd was but it was chockers - at least seemed so to me.

Just over 23,000 on.

If you can class them as proper away days, then Wembley twice in 95 when I was 5. Unfortunately my only real memories from the two are setting off on a coach from the Monteraze in the morning, watching Liverpool lift the cup and the Branagan penalty save.

After that it was Tranmere in 97 - Again, little memory other than it being a great atmosphere in our end.

Bury with my dad in early eighties. Stood in Manchester Road end amongst Bury fans. A young policeman asked my dad who he was supporting to which my dad replied " I was born and lived in Bolton for 25 years and I've lived in Bury for 25 years...where do you want me to stand the fucking half way line!!". Young policeman walked off without further comment.