Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Clackers - An Announcement

DazBob

It's with a heavy heart I type this... ... but we came to the decision last night that we'll all be going our own merry way after next Weds' cup competition.

Myself, Harry and Tommy have cricket games pretty much every Wednesday between now and end of August, Fenny's got durts matches and Ryski is moving house and wants do more cage fighting. Matty's a good player and Salford and Baz are good 'keepers, but I'm not sure they'd win many matches on their own, so we've decided to call it a day.

However, true to our name Clackervalve Phoenix, we'll be back - hopefully in September - to carry on where we left off.

Personally, I'd just like to say a huge thank you to everyone who got involved, going back to the likes of CSW, Swanny and Pabbers for getting the team up and running in the first place. Also big thanks to Fenny's mates for helping us out when we were struggling for numbers.

With regards to the deposit we'll be getting back. Simply can't be arsed divvying it up and trying to work out who helped contribute to it, so instead we'll be spending it in the pub next Weds on celebratory drinks with our trophies and medals on display. So, anyone who proudly pulled on the shirt is invited down to have a drink on us.

UP THE CLACKERS!

Edit:  Oops, how could I forget to thank Olimong too.  Had he not ditched us for a bird, going by his rate of progress last season, he'd be being scouted by now.

Edited by DazBob

• Site Supporter

Suits me tbh.

My hands a mess and needs operating on, that'll take some time.

September seems a reasonable date to be pencilling in.

If selected obviously, seems we're blessed with 2 #1's.

Suits me tbh.

My hands a mess and needs operating on, that'll take some time.

September seems a reasonable date to be pencilling in.

If selected obviously, seems we're blessed with 2 #1's.

Happy to drop back into the Lonegan role and fill in WHEN you injure yourself again :)

It's with a heavy heart I type this... ... but we came to the decision last night that we'll all be going our own merry way after next Weds' cup competition.

Myself, Harry and Tommy have cricket games pretty much every Wednesday between now and end of August, Fenny's got durts matches and Ryski is moving house and wants do more cage fighting. Matty's a good player and Salford and Baz are good 'keepers, but I'm not sure they'd win many matches on their own, so we've decided to call it a day.

However, true to our name Clackervalve Phoenix, we'll be back - hopefully in September - to carry on where we left off.

Personally, I'd just like to say a huge thank you to everyone who got involved, going back to the likes of CSW, Swanny and Pabbers for getting the team up and running in the first place. Also big thanks to Fenny's mates for helping us out when we were struggling for numbers.

With regards to the deposit we'll be getting back. Simply can't be arsed divvying it up and trying to work out who helped contribute to it, so instead we'll be spending it in the pub next Weds on celebratory drinks with our trophies and medals on display. So, anyone who proudly pulled on the shirt is invited down to have a drink on us.

UP THE CLACKERS!

Edit: Oops, how could I forget to thank Olimong too. Had he not ditched us for a bird, going by his rate of progress last season, he'd be being scouted by now.

Not even 24 hours after being cowned champions and its off to bigger and better things.

You'll be crying about no birthday cake next

FFS.

Had a text late last night saying cup competition is cancelled, and new round of fixtures start tonight (with us scheduled for 7:00pm KO)

Despite them seemingly not being able to organise a piss-up in a brewery, the lad I speak to seems a decent lad and I don't just want to leave them in the shit. I've explained that we're leaving the league for the summer and will be coming down tonight for our cup/medals but we'll play our fixture (seeing as we'll be there) to help them out if they need us to.

I've also told him we'll want our deposit back too.

Reet ... now this leads me onto the next quandary.  Assuming we get given a team cup/trophy.  Who is gonna keep it??  Personally I think it should be one of the founder members who also played this season - that means Ryan, Matty, Fenny or me.  We can just do a Gonzo style draw for it tonight.  What do you reckon?

Okay, if we're voting then I would've voted for Baz ....but he's been soft and missed pretty much the entire season with a poorly finger

.... so I'll vote me as well :D

Matty - yeah, it's the usual 7 tonight.

Edited by DazBob

Reet, it's confirmed, we're playing at 7:00pm ... against a team who looks to be new to the league.

Let's go out on a high and then have a couple of celebratory drinky-poos afterwards.

Don't forget, bring a spare shirt, otherwise you'll be going home in skins.