Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Funny Names

mannyroad58

Only coloured lad at school was called smelly - got called to the front once in assembly to gales of laughter, cue teachers knocking eight bells out of every culprit they could see.

Also guy who worked in the psychiatric unit at Blackburn in the 80's called Turlock Holmes - I kid you not.

When I was about 7 at primary school I sat on a table with a girl called susan partington. One day we was given some old wooden rulers that had the initials of the previous owners scribbled on. Being 7 we decided that we would keep the initials and add them to our names so that for instance if I got TG on my ruler and my name was Joe Woods then I wood be called Toe Goods.

Anyway Susan got PF on her ruler which made her name Pusan Fartington. I remember that being so funny to a 7 year old.that I nearly broke my spleen laughing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I remembering doing a prank call to a Mr Willycummy when I was in school.

My mate works in a bank and he had a customer who'd changed his name from Vic Valentine (already a great name) to... Vic Nymphomaniac Fireball Dinosaur Warrior Valentine hahaha

Alas no, and no one wants to say anything.

Much the same when a stage manager I knew was called Pin Dicks (not sure what it was short for?!) but she didn't realise why i looked shocked when she introduced herself. She'd never heard the term.

update: I have to say, fair play to Richard Turpin, he's called his daughter Bess.