Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Itk Transfer Thread

Carlos

His boilers broken down and he is currently staying in the hotel @ reebok

Deals on for the hotel right now. Sounds like all the players had shipped out.

Bad times.

We don't compete in the premier league we just exist, we actually compete at this level. Agree though that we have to be in the premier league because were not big enough to make enough money to be solvent outside of the premier league, as daft as that sounds with 160 million debt most of it down to our time in the top league.

Do we? We're 14th, and finished 14th last season. If the season finished today, our average league finish in the three seasons we've spent in the Championship would be 12th. Our average finishing position across the 11 seasons we were in the Premier League was 12th. We finished 14th or higher in 7 of those.

I'm very happy with Lennon, but I'd swap our last season and a half for Burnley's. Even if you did go up and get smashed every week (as they haven't), it would be worth it for the year you go up. Otherwise I'm not sure what the aim is, to finish 3rd every season and throw the playoffs?

Bringing this thread back to the point... 

Lloyd Dyer has gone to Birmingham. He's basically an even shitter SWP the amount of times he's palmed us off. 

I've got to admit though, even I'm getting frustrated, we can't even sign 18 year olds on loan from City at the minute. No one's fault particularly, just the way it goes, I'm sure we'll get at least 2 in, just going to be Lennon's 4/5th choice (Still better than Dougie's 1st though) which is annoying.

I thought we brought in some Serbian player. Don't know if he's any good.

Th fact that we sent him back suggests not.

I'll be worried about the transfer window when it shuts.

Anyone else had kris Comons mixed up with Scott Brown all this time?

Errr no ! I'm sure Scott Brown would be first name on list if Lennon could get him, captain of Celtic, captain of Scotland, just signed a new contract not long ago, think we may have bid for him a few years ago when he went to Celtic from Hibs and that was when we were in Prem. Cracking player and would be Captain material. Think Lennon sees a bit of himself in him.

Edited by boltonbhoy

• Moderators

Bringing this thread back to the point... 

Lloyd Dyer has gone to Birmingham. He's basically an even shitter SWP the amount of times he's palmed us off. 

I've got to admit though, even I'm getting frustrated, we can't even sign 18 year olds on loan from City at the minute. No one's fault particularly, just the way it goes, I'm sure we'll get at least 2 in, just going to be Lennon's 4/5th choice (Still better than Dougie's 1st though) which is annoying.

what makes you think we've ever signed our first choice?

cept in the allardyce days

we know for a fact freedman wanted juke and probably wanted the fella swansea have just signed

Errr no ! I'm sure Scott Brown would be first name on list if Lennon could get him, captain of Celtic, captain of Scotland, just signed a new contract not long ago, think we may have bid for him a few years ago when he went to Celtic from Hibs and that was when we were in Prem. Cracking player and would be Captain material. Think Lennon sees a bit of himself in him.

Soz.

Id rather watch my dad finger his arsehole than watch one single minute of Scottish Football.

and probably wanted the fella swansea have just signed

Matt Grimes? An unproven Central Midfielder? Aye he probably did want him. 

In fairness I agree with your point, we've not been able to bag a first option target for a few years now, suppose I'd just hoped a proven manager and bit of form would have had a few players a bit more interested in playing here. Or clubs to allow their players to come here, this Barker lad that City won't let come here on loan, I cannot for the life of me understand why they don't want him getting regular football at a decent level. 

Matt Grimes? An unproven Central Midfielder? Aye he probably did want him. 

In fairness I agree with your point, we've not been able to bag a first option target for a few years now, suppose I'd just hoped a proven manager and bit of form would have had a few players a bit more interested in playing here. Or clubs to allow their players to come here, this Barker lad that City won't let come here on loan, I cannot for the life of me understand why they don't want him getting regular football at a decent level. 

Barker is still in the youth team (and starring in the FA Youth Cup).

City have not loaned out anyone who is so young.

Once they are past the u18s they will generally be available in the right circumstances, as prospects of first team football at City are virtually nil.

Soz.

Id rather watch my dad finger his arsehole than watch one single minute of Scottish Football.

As far as Scottish football goes I agree.

But I've seen Brown in Champs league and playing for the jocks and always been impressed, he's an angry bugger.

The kind you'd hate playing for the opposition but love playing for you.

I can't see it but I'd lose my shit if we signed him.

Nixon saying we've cut about £26K from wage bill (Beckford, Medo, Riley, White, Kenny).

Says no deal close but expect a couple of foreign trialists soon.

That's £26K per week, I doubt that Riley or White were making much of a dent in that, Beckford was probably on £15K per week out of that I'd guess