Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pubs

tomski

When I mentioned the term 'speakeasy' it reminded me of an archaic term (for a speakeasy) I'd read about - 'Blind Pig'. Anyhow, I did a Google for Blind Pig and came across this - I'll bet it's a £5 a drink in here, all that's wrong with modern drinking, even worse than food-serving creche style boozers...

Hipsters.

http://www.socialeatinghouse.com/

Even the cunting prices are pretentious on that menu. All jars at 5.5. get to fuck.

Wonder what their clientele would make of the boozer I passed today in Platt Bridge, advertising Eggs, Chips and Beans, for 99p!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wetherspoons opening in Walkden has actually had a positive effect on ale prices, with the pub companies eventually realising that shafting the landlords of their pubs with ridiculous trade prices and rents was simply going to put them out of business. Cooking lager sells for no more than £2.20 a pint and bitter around £2.10. Even Strongbow is only £2.20 and Kronenbourg £2.70 in my local. 12 months ago you could add a pound to that. Having said that there's only 1 decent pub in Walkden, the Vulcan.

Even the cunting prices are pretentious on that menu. All jars at 5.5. get to fuck.

Wonder what their clientele would make of the boozer I passed today in Platt Bridge, advertising Eggs, Chips and Beans, for 99p!

I thought that, I wonder if they come in jars an' all? They probably think little zinc buckets is so last year...

i lived in ainsworth and trust me, that was far worse

if you didn't live in 'the triangle' you were shit on someones shoes

i never did find out what the triangle was but i guess its whoever has stopped the build on that house thats been sheeted up 2 years or more

You guess wrong.  Not from Ainsworth but the locals in the pub had fuck all to with that house.  I know the brickie who built it and it's like it is now cos it wasn't built to plan, plain and simple.  I was down to plaster it.  

• Moderators

You guess wrong.  Not from Ainsworth but the locals in the pub had fuck all to with that house.  I know the brickie who built it and it's like it is now cos it wasn't built to plan, plain and simple.  I was down to plaster it.  

fair enough

thats not what i was told by some long time residents on church street but its not important i guess

how far from plan, out of interest

what happens now?

can they convert to a mosque and build whatever they like?

fair enough

thats not what i was told by some long time residents on church street but its not important i guess

how far from plan, out of interest

what happens now?

can they convert to a mosque and build whatever they like?

Check your PM

The owner of Bolton stone had him painting them church railings facing the rag on April fool's day,saying he's just got the contract for it,started painting them in the morning,he got told after dinner he was a April fool,they're still half painted

Brilliant