Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

1 Hour 25 Minutes

globaldiver

• Moderators

Is that peasant wagon again?

Nope, East Lancs, 30 mins to Deansgate, Manc.

The only catch is the M60 was fucked, the East Lancs is down to 2 lanes for the Misguided Buslane, Salford Cresent is fucked so you have to go Langworthy Road/Liverpool St. Then Trinity Way/Quay St is fucked and Water St is closed so you have to go onto Regent Road then off onto Chester Rd.

I set off at 10:20am and got in 5 mins ago.

Some fuckers had crashed at bottom of M61 so that was shut, I then nipped on to East Lancs and that was a fucking car park too.

Drink driver, mate.

Drink driving at 9:40am?  Fuck me.

That junction is a shocker in a morning sober.  I'd not fancy negotiating it half cut.

Fuck knows who thought it'd be a good idea to have a junction with so many cars trying to swap into one another's lanes at the same time.  Of course, as usual, it's always made far worse than it needs to be by the cunts who try to change lanes at the very last second.

east lancs is gonna be a fuck up, its busy enough with 3 lanes but now the cunts are dropping it to two with a bus lane

I drove past that guided bus thingie construction site at Tyldesley/Astley on Monday. By Christ it's a big job that

Problem with the project is that it relies on public by in. There'll be plenty of people who will sit in traffic every day on the east lancs whilst 5 busses Sally past em and still not even consider the bus.

If the public bought into it the benefits on traffic, environment and local economy would be great.

• Moderators

There'll be plenty of people who will sit in traffic every day on the east lancs whilst 5 busses Sally past em and still not even consider the bus.

maybe those people don't want to fcuk about with a mile walk at each end in all weathers and two or three buses to get to their destination

• Site Supporter

maybe those people don't want to fcuk about with a mile walk at each end in all weathers and two or three buses to get to their destination

Not to mention the cost. It's cheaper to run a car than use public transport on a daily basis.

• Moderators

Not to mention the cost. It's cheaper to run a car than use public transport on a daily basis.

a lot depends on if there's parking or not to pay for

i fucked off the car and it's far far cheaper AND quicker to get bus into manc each day than sit in traffic and pay for parking daily plus i get to read a book and that

smells a bit though, mostly of weed, so not sure if that's a good or bad thing

#buswanker

a lot depends on if there's parking or not to pay for

i fucked off the car and it's far far cheaper AND quicker to get bus into manc each day than sit in traffic and pay for parking daily plus i get to read a book and that

smells a bit though, mostly of weed, so not sure if that's a good or bad thing

#buswanker

£7.80 return from Here, so £15.60 for 2

Parking paid for, so much cheaper to drive.

• Site Supporter

I reckon I'd have to be up before dawn to get to work using public transport. If I worked in Manchester though I'd be a train user, surely that's less ball ache than M61

On the occassions I've had to use public transport to get to work, my 30 minute commute has turned into atleast 90, and it's cost me a fucking fortune. Admittedly, I increased the cost even further by being unable to wait more than 15 minutes for a train without calling in at the nearest pub. I can see how it would make sense to inner-city workers because of the hassle of traffic, and I'm not too familiar with parking costs. I can't imagine working somewhere where I had to pay to park my car every day. That seems a bit mental to me.

On the occassions I've had to use public transport to get to work, my 30 minute commute has turned into atleast 90, and it's cost me a fucking fortune. Admittedly, I increased the cost even further by being unable to wait more than 15 minutes for a train without calling in at the nearest pub. I can see how it would make sense to inner-city workers because of the hassle of traffic, and I'm not too familiar with parking costs. I can't imagine working somewhere where I had to pay to park my car every day. That seems a bit mental to me.

Once the council took my parking pass from me (as some tit in the town hall decided i didn't need my car to do my job, despite often having sites in Harwood and Westhoughton at the same time) i bussed it in everyday and bussed to my sites meaning a 15 minute site visit could take over an hour depending on bus routes.

I didn't bother me as i had some big headphones and got some reading in

• Site Supporter

Once the council took my parking pass from me (as some tit in the town hall decided i didn't need my car to do my job, despite often having sites in Harwood and Westhoughton at the same time) i bussed it in everyday and bussed to my sites meaning a 15 minute site visit could take over an hour depending on bus routes.

I didn't bother me as i had some big headphones and got some reading in

I quite enjoy using public transport to be honest, listening to podcasts and ogling female passengers etc. It was having to get up 2 hours earlier than normal that pissed me off the most.

And those fucking electronic boards that claim your train is "On Time", until the time the train is supposed to arrive, then it changes to "+7 mins" or whatever. I almost wrote a letter of complaint after a few days.

• Moderators

well I work in Manc city centre/salford so public transport is miles easier for me

got the tram home last night, didn't pay and was home inside 15 minutes - I'd do it all the time but the conductors are unforgiving to those without tickets and it gets pricey

that said, used to work in Knutsford and there was cock all chance of doing that on public transport plus took about 5/6 times longer to get there from mine compared to driving, which took about 20 minutes

but as I went down the empty soutubound M56 everyday, in the other direction you'd see traffic queuing/moving slowly all up the a556 and up the m56 and into manc - must take people a fucking age to do that commute every day, not fer me

Edited by ZicoKelly

well I work in Manc city centre/salford so public transport is miles easier for me

got the tram home last night, didn't pay and was home inside 15 minutes - I'd do it all the time but the conductors are unforgiving to those without tickets and it gets pricey

that said, used to work in Knutsford and there was cock all chance of doing that on public transport plus took about 5/6 times longer to get there from mine compared to driving, which took about 20 minutes

but as I went down the empty soutubound M56 everyday, in the other direction you'd see traffic queuing/moving slowly all up the a556 and up the m56 and into manc - must take people a fucking age to do that commute every day, not fer me

When I worked in Manc centre early 2000's trains were a nightmare, only consolation it was before the 'revenue enforcement officers' were at all the stations so very rarely paid for about 2 years.

I once single handedly brought Oxford Road to a halt after a particularly taxing day which ended with trains clogging up 3 platforms and dibble being called.

Much better once I was allocated a parking space under the office, drive in early 25 mins and early getaway before the rush at night.

Starting on Monday 14th July a permanent rolling lane closure will be in place on short sections of the A580 East Lancashire Road between Newearth Road and Walkden Road (Manchester bound only). The lane will only be closed at peak times when absolutely necessary to enable works to be undertaken safely. Whenever possible, lane closures will revert to off peak to minimise disruption.  Works on this section of the A580 will be ongoing for approximately four months.