Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plane Down- Again

Danny G

If you managed to open a cabin door in flight, you wouldn't just be getting out, you and anyone not strapped in would be sucked out!

All the cabin doors open inwards, and the air cabin pressure would be keeping them shut.....you'd probably have more luck beating down the door to the cockpit

All the cabin doors open inwards, and the air cabin pressure would be keeping them shut.....you'd probably have more luck beating down the door to the cockpit

The air pressure does indeed keep them shut, hence why I said "if".

Micky, and yourself, are both right. Some open inwards, some outwards, a Boeing 757 for instance, opens outwards when you crack the seal, whereas a 767 pops inwards a couple of centimeters and then disappears into the ceiling.777 and 747s open outwards also. There are loads of videos available on youtube. There is always a sense of apprehension when you open a door, as you are relying on the competency of the cabin crew, you're always wary that if they haven't disarmed the door, you could be blasted 50-60ft back up the airbridge or the apron by the slide.

• Site Supporter

The air pressure does indeed keep them shut, hence why I said "if".

Micky, and yourself, are both right. Some open inwards, some outwards, a Boeing 757 for instance, opens outwards when you crack the seal, whereas a 767 pops inwards a couple of centimeters and then disappears into the ceiling.777 and 747s open outwards also. There are loads of videos available on youtube. There is always a sense of apprehension when you open a door, as you are relying on the competency of the cabin crew, you're always wary that if they haven't disarmed the door, you could be blasted 50-60ft back up the airbridge or the apron by the slide.

So are you one of the guys always waiting on the airbridge when a plane docks?

I've often wondered what that first blast of stink must be like as they crack the seal. 200 farting, pressurised humans with a healthy sprinkling of nervous flyers all gassing the air.

Geek :)

:hi:

So are you one of the guys always waiting on the airbridge when a plane docks?

I've often wondered what that first blast of stink must be like as they crack the seal. 200 farting, pressurised humans with a healthy sprinkling of nervous flyers all gassing the air.

I used to. Mostly as there is a galley by most doors the first blast you get is food, but if the bogs are a bit ripe you get that too.

Ive also been stood by a waste pipe which hadn't been connected properly as it disconnected itself when it started emptying. That smell stayed with me for years afterwards.

• Site Supporter

:hi:

I used to. Mostly as there is a galley by most doors the first blast you get is food, but if the bogs are a bit ripe you get that too.

Ive also been stood by a waste pipe which hadn't been connected properly as it disconnected itself when it started emptying. That smell stayed with me for years afterwards.

You've just ruined the myth that the bogs on a plane get emptied straight out into the sky and the waste falls as mucky raindrops on unsuspecting members of the public.

Booooooo

#ConAirOut

You've just ruined the myth that the bogs on a plane get emptied straight out into the sky and the waste falls as mucky raindrops on unsuspecting members of the public.

Booooooo

#ConAirOut

It does still happen, if the cap isn't sealed properly "blue ice" does leak out!

Sorting that out when it happens qualifies in the worst jobs in history category.

It does still happen, if the cap isn't sealed properly "blue ice" does leak out!

Sorting that out when it happens qualifies in the worst jobs in history category.

you can get good money bog changing on planes still. a couple of mates did it a few summers ago. grim work but paid for 3 months doing nothing but drugs and whores in thailand

Who shits in a; plane, train, coach, tent [those cardboard toilets for festivals] or in a motorhome or caravan etc? Unless the alternative is shitting yourself, that's the work of a monster, not eating pot noodle butties...Get your arses refurbished all those beast who can't go two minutes without shitting.

Who shits in a; plane, train, coach, tent [those cardboard toilets for festivals] or in a motorhome or caravan etc? Unless the alternative is shitting yourself, that's the work of a monster, not eating pot noodle butties...Get your arses refurbished all those beast who can't go two minutes without shitting.

at one point in my youth i complete a full set of "shitting in every prem ground"

• Site Supporter

With the best will in the world

a 12 hour flight, with about 8 pints and 2 flight meals inside you is unlikely to be one your bowels can always manage.

I rarely do my dirt on planes, but the one I did whilst 4 miles above the Sahara was one I'll never forget. 

With the best will in the world

a 12 hour flight, with about 8 pints and 2 flight meals inside you is unlikely to be one your bowels can always manage.

I rarely do my dirt on planes, but the one I did whilst 4 miles above the Sahara was one I'll never forget. 

i don't think i could cope with the look of disgust off people who are in the queue when i come out.

I'd say twelve hours and ten drinks minimum, and, even then, it doesn't detract from the fact the person shitting is a brute, more in common with beast and not fit for human fellowship. The whole cabin should jeer and hiss and call ''shame'' when they exit the scene of their disgrace.

• Site Supporter

I'd say twelve hours and ten drinks minimum, and, even then, it doesn't detract from the fact the person shitting is a brute, more in common with beast and not fit for human fellowship. The whole cabin should jeer and hiss and call ''shame'' when they exit the scene of their disgrace.

I never go for a tomtit on the flight out but have done fairly regularly on the way back for some reason.

• 5 weeks later...