Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rip Off Watch

Breightmet Boy

Was on a Jet2 flight earlier on and a bloke and his wife next to me got a J2O, can of Pepsi, Cadburys Twirl and a packet of Reesers peanut butter biscuits (3 in a packet) and the price came to. £7.00. He asked if he could pay in €'s and was quoted €11, which got my alarm bells ringing. As it's roughly €1.25 to the £ at the moment I worked out he should of paid €8.75 but was charged 20% over the odds. He wasn't bothered and paid it, but it taught me a lesson not to do the same, just keep hold of them till the next holiday. I bet there's loads of similar situations us WWays lot need to be aware of.

Hate Ryanair. Bastards made me stand on Manchester airport runway in the pissing rain at 6am for 5 minutes in just a tshirt cos no doubt they won't pay for walkway hire. Plane was freezing and took off 45 minutes late. Then took 30 minutes longer in the air to save fuel. Greedy micks were no cheaper than monarch but they were fully booked. Never again. Cunts. And they have shit food and not enough desk staff. And the air hostesses aren't fit.

I must be alone in thinking Ryanair offer a pretty decent low cost service. I've used them loads of times and had very few problems. Yes they do charge for everything, but people know that at the time of booking. 

You know what you get with Ryanair. Which is basically a seat. And sometime a driver who isn't pissed.

It's the same reason why some folk have pushirons and some folk drive range rovers.

You want to fly business class and get wanked off by smoked salmon and champagne fine, pay it.

You want to get four of you to Malaga for £500 on the weekend the schools break up for 6 weeks of publically funded fucking about then ryanairs your man.

But A FIVE FUCKING EUROS FOR HALF A PIBT OF PISS?! Bollocks. Sooner sup aftershave.

RyanAir fucked me over at Dublin airport once

They also charge extra for picking your seat once you have your ticket and their baggage allowance is only 15kg. They aren't flexible in the slightest

They are cunty cunts of the budget airlines...Jet2 and Easyjet are miles better in my experience

You know what you get with Ryanair. Which is basically a seat. And sometime a driver who isn't pissed.

It's the same reason why some folk have pushirons and some folk drive range rovers.

You want to fly business class and get wanked off by smoked salmon and champagne fine, pay it.

You want to get four of you to Malaga for £500 on the weekend the schools break up for 6 weeks of publically funded fucking about then ryanairs your man.

But A FIVE FUCKING EUROS FOR HALF A PIBT OF PISS?! Bollocks. Sooner sup aftershave.

Can't argue with that I suppose.

• Moderators

Get one of them big coats with loads of pockets.

Flew to Lisbon on them last week as it's cheap with decent flight times, no problem.

There was some fucking massive Polish bloke kicking off as he'd missed his flight to Gdansk. Due to depart at 18:10, he turned up at 18:10 and went ballistic! They pointed out he'd been in T3 for an hour. I suppose that's Ryanair's fault too?

That's why the flights are cheap.

I just don't get the gripe with Ryanair at all.

Price it up with bags/seats etc and it it's dearer than elsewhere, don't book it.

Agree

They don't want to be spending time and money unloading and loading planes

They want the plane turned around and up in the air again

It's their niche / business model and works great for regular travellers / stag dos / people on a budget etc etc