Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rip Off Watch

Breightmet Boy

I must be alone in thinking Ryanair offer a pretty decent low cost service. I've used them loads of times and had very few problems. Yes they do charge for everything, but people know that at the time of booking. 

I am with you brother.

Get one of them big coats with loads of pockets.

Flew to Lisbon on them last week as it's cheap with decent flight times, no problem.

There was some fucking massive Polish bloke kicking off as he'd missed his flight to Gdansk. Due to depart at 18:10, he turned up at 18:10 and went ballistic! They pointed out he'd been in T3 for an hour. I suppose that's Ryanair's fault too?

Plus they let fairly sizeable cases on the plane for free. More than enough for a short break.Taking the kitchen sink with you on hols is not really necessary these days is it. I'm sure my folks used to take boxes of fucking cereal for god's sake!

• Members

Only good experiences with Ryanair. You get what you pay for. Fair enough.

The missus recently flew Malaga-Manchester-Malaga in high season for a total of 92 Euros. Arrived 15 minutes early to both destinations.

Works for me.

In fact, the worst thing about Ryanair is that awful jingle they play when they land.

Mind you, that's marginally better than listening to a load of twatspatulas clapping because the pilot managed to land the plane.

In fact, the worst thing about Ryanair is that awful jingle they play when they land.

Mind you, that's marginally better than listening to a load of twatspatulas clapping because the pilot managed to land the plane.

If I thought the pilot should be applauded for landing safely, I wouldn't be on the fucking plane to start with!!

• Members

Missus said the flight to Manc was ace but coming back to Malaga was a fucking nightmare. Loads of squealing tarts in matching tee shirts with numbskull slogans all trying to out shout each other (like all women in groups greater than one do). She was glad to get off and get away from the cacophony. Reckoned the throbbing hum of my Punto diesel hire car was heaven by comparison.

• Moderators

I once got a return flight (or might have been each way, don't recall) to Limoges for £17

it often costs more to get home from manc in a taxi

for that reason I shan't knock them

That's why the flights are cheap.

I just don't get the gripe with Ryanair at all.

Price it up with bags/seats etc and it it's dearer than elsewhere, don't book it.

But it's a "hidden" cost a lot of the time

Unless you "remember" what they charge for when you're pricing things up

They are CUNTS

And now it's in capitals it must be true

They are CUNTS

As far as I'm concerned this is bang on, the energy suppliers have all been made to make it easier for customers to read their bills so why not the airlines? I've never flown RyanAir but I like things as they say on the tin without hidden charges.

• Moderators

so, are we saying when you press 'make purchase' for the last time, the amount increases before you get your bill?

if you cant read properly, you really shouldn't be allowed out of the country

only used ryan air a couple of times and got exactly what i expected

cheapish and didn't crash - works for me

They are CUNTS

The costs aren't hidden though. they are there for you to see. if you are an idiot then yes you get stung but thats part of natural selection

When it comes up on the pay per view screen...

''Do you want to watch Bangkok Chick Boys?''

Instead of pressing ''YES'', press ''NO''.

(that's the second time I've used that joke this week).

I find it strange that the ones (except Jules, perhaps) slagging Ryanair use them infrequently, or even more bizarrely, never. I don't find it strange the ones who do fly with Ryanair frequently think they're pretty good all things considered.

If folk haven't the tiny amount of patience required to book without incurring extras, or can't refrain from a Snickers for two or three hours, well, if this keeps flight prices down - good!

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Moderators

Flight back from Barcelona in May, meant to leave at midnight, delayed until 2am as a window had failed. Brilliant. Everyone was pissed and pissed off. Got to my seat and some cunt covered in tats is in it. Someone is in their seats as someone is in their seats... If you paid for a certain seat, there's no way to ensure it as the staff don't give a shit.

Apart from that, hand luggage only, check-in online, print out your boarding slip, don't hire a car or pay for skis, don't buy their insurance, don't try to take a fucking massive suitcase onboard, don't be late, have a feed before you get on. Simple.

I'm not 100% how this works, do you still need to print it off? How does the app get that from your phone to a physical printer?

Anyway, new entry, £72.50 for a passport application!

It will download a barcode or 3D barcode to be scanned at the airport.

There's a few airlines that have apps where you can do this on. My problem is I've got a shitty windows phone and the apps are generally only available to iWankers or Android users

I'm not 100% how this works, do you still need to print it off? How does the app get that from your phone to a physical printer?

Anyway, new entry, £72.50 for a passport application!

Just read up on it.

Using the app you can check in, and download the boarding passes for the whole booking to one phone (or various phones I assume). They will be accessible offline - pdf file or suchlike I guess. Don't need the printed version.

The only snags are a) if you run out of battery when you arrive (but then if you do that your phone will be confiscated anyway...) and 10% of airports won't support this type of check in straight away. Christ knows which.

Just bought passports for wife and 2 kids. Plus booked hols in school holiday time. Jesus. Really should have gone upmarket in the UK. Especially with this weather we're having. Or stayed at home counting my money.