Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sky

Garrp

Been with them 5 years.

Got the full package including movies that I don't even watch and phone/broadband.

Watching TV the other day and it says press the red button to activate sky sports 5, so I do it.

Couple of day sletter I have a letter in the post saying my broadband is now free but I have a 18 month contract, which I don't want.

Apparently when activating sky sports 5 iv agreed to this bollocks

Told them I don't free broadband, I don't want to be tied into any contract.

here's the response....

Gareth, I have checked the details with my manager, this offer does not have any cooling off period and as you have done it at your end, you have to be in 18 months contract.

The offer of 2 years free Broadband Unlimited is dependent on re-contracting for an 18 month term. In order to take advantage of the offer, you must keep Sports, Broadband, Talk and Line Rental for the duration of the offer.

Once the offer ends you will be charged the standard price for Broadband Unlimited which is currently £7.50 per month. Re-contracting will be with immediate effect and the will be no cooling off period.

If you cancel any of these products you will lose the offer and will have to pay the standard price for the remainder of the broadband minimum term. Early termination charges may apply if you are cancelling broadband within the minimum term or re-contracting period.

This can't be fucking right? I'v been fucking scammed

I heard someone saying pretty much exactly the same thing the other day.

A look at forums suggest I am one of thousands.

How can this be legal, Sky are syaing I don't have a leg to stand on.

I mean fuck off

I'v had full package for 5 years, never once rang up to get my bill reduced.

I am going to kill someone.

I got a letter stating my bill is going up £3.50 a month

Fucking aids

G, did you read the small print :-) x

there is no fucking small print!

I'v had this before with BT and I paid up the full 18 month contract and canelled it and swore I would never get anything BT related for as long as I live.

If this isn't sorted il be doing the same with Sky.

and il tell you what else pisses me off

I ring up and it takes 25 security questions before they can even tell me the fucking time.

I can't cancel ANYTHING, never mind the full package without 25 security questions.

I can't cancel ANYTHING by email

I can't cancel ANYTHING on live chat

But I can somehow take out an 18 month contract with my fucking remote control without wanting to.

Just go and die you fucking scumbags

its fucking theft

I once had a SIM only contract with Three, I was left without coverage for a month for a catalogue of reasons, mostly landing on Three's side for blame - anyhow I felt they had woefully failed in delivering a service told them to stick it and it'd be a cold day in hell before I paid up a contract for a SIM only deal...

They went down the route of threatening letters etc. then sold my 'debt' to some shysters...

Toothless, the last time they (the shysters) wrote they had dropped their demand to about a third of the 'debt' - they could drop it to a penny, they won't get that either...