Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Commonwealth Games

L/H White

England v aussies int medal table?

They'll win comfortably. Weird selection of sports and the usual zillions of medals for covering the same distance in water with different silly walks.

They're mixing in some disabled events and treating them like real events so that will help England given we're kings of the world in pretending it's the same as the main event.

Swimming, it's called swimming.

It's a sport where dropping a few grand on kit won't make you go any faster.

That'd be why they banned the latest swim suits and had to wipe out the records set with them because they were unattainable without those suits, right?

Different medals for different strokes is a bloody joke. Might as well have the 100m hop and a 3 legged race in the athletics.

That'd be why they banned the latest swim suits and had to wipe out the records set with them because they were unattainable without those suits, right?

Different medals for different strokes is a bloody joke. Might as well have the 100m hop and a 3 legged race in the athletics.

I knew someone, well, you to be honest, would bring up the suits - yes, it's correct they got rid of them in competition, rightly so...

Why not have one single track event, field event, ball sport event?

Swimming is one of the few sports that needs f*ck all in the way of kit, could help save, rather than endanger the life of yourself (and others), can be done buy folk from cradle (almost) grave and as such shouldn't be derided by know-nowts.

This wasn't intended as a pop at cycling either, I only used it as an example as to how any sport can be made out to be ludicrous.

I knew someone, well, you to be honest, would bring up the suits - yes, it's correct they got rid of them in competition, rightly so...

Why not have one single track event, field event, ball sport event?

Swimming is one of the few sports that needs f*ck all in the way of kit, could help save, rather than endanger the life of yourself (and others), can be done buy folk from cradle (almost) grave and as such shouldn't be derided by know-nowts.

This wasn't intended as a pop at cycling either, I only used it as an example as to how any sport can be made out to be ludicrous.

I've nowt against swimming per ce. I just find races where you're not allowed to go as fast as you can (i.e. walking, any swimming which isn't front crawl) a bit contrived. The same bloke winning 7 golds for basically the same overall skill seems very biased to me when they're no more dominant than other athletes limited to 1, 2 or 3 events by much more realistic event setting.