Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New York Airport Taxis/other Transport

Horwich

Any advice on best way to travel to new jersey from newark airport.

Not for me, id get a taxi

Is it best to get a taxi? Coach? Pre book?

Any advice pls chaps

Isn't Newark in New Jersey?

Secaucus??

Just looked and think taxi might be best

If you want to get a taxi just walk into arrivals and they are all there, should cost arund 20-30 dollars.

Train will also get you to Secaucus junction. Just get on the airtain (the airport transit system) That will Yake you to Newark penn where you can get the train, its 2 stops and i think around 8 dollars.

• Moderators

Only advice based on experience is get an official yellow cab even if its it two in the morning and the queue is massive

I got in a random one and some bloke who looked like Danny devito did us for $120, based on the fact $5 looks like $50

Or have your wits about you

They even had massive signs everywhere telling you not to do what I did

So sort of deserved it

• Site Supporter

Off to the same airport myself on Monday, but we were advised to pre-book a taxi which we have because of the conmen

If going to NYC from Newark then book Dial7 before you fly, you can do it online. Taxi fares from Newark to NYC are not a set fee like from JFK so that is why you hear rip off stories.

If going to NYC from Newark then book Dial7 before you fly, you can do it online. Taxi fares from Newark to NYC are not a set fee like from JFK so that is why you hear rip off stories.

We're staying in the City center 5* BTW and our "personal" taxi is booked through our travel agent so fingers crossed it should be ok

Sign up to Uber (there's an App for smart phones), you'll get greatly discounted taxis.  I used it loads in LA, it's brilliant.  It even shows you where the nearest cars are and texts you to tell you how many minutes they'll be and what kind of car.

Isn't that what the black cabs in London were complaining about couple of months ago  after it launched here?

Isn't that what the black cabs in London were complaining about couple of months ago  after it launched here?

it is, Uber and Lyft apps, they don't like them as they are reducing the cost of taxi fares and cutting them out of the market. I think it was something to do with the app acting as a meter or something