Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Data Analytics And Freedman

jayjayoghani

Fuck all will get us back into the premier league with the shit we have

You aren't going anymore so it won't matter to you.

If the technology can give us a small advantage then it's a great idea. Dave Brailsford has done it with British Cycling and Sky by using miniature gains so if we can use something similar I'm all for it.

You aren't going anymore so it won't matter to you.

If the technology can give us a small advantage then it's a great idea. Dave Brailsford has done it with British Cycling and Sky by using miniature gains so if we can use something similar I'm all for it.

You can't polish a turd

A quote in the BN today which made me chuckle:

Freedman - "I m patient. I was patient with Craig Dawson, I was patient with Lukas Jutkiewiccz and im being patient with Joe Mason - I think thats the way to be"

Surely this post would only be understandable if we'd signed any of them?

Guest Blixa

Freedman - "I m patient. I was patient with Craig Dawson, I was patient with Lukas Jutkiewiccz and im being patient with Joe Mason - I think thats the way to be"

This post isn't understandable as we signed all three on loan.

I took it as he had to be patient to get them in on loan in the first place. I am encouraged that our manager managed to spot these players and plenty on here(me included) had never heard of them when they first came in and expectations were low. We have raised the profile of all and it is not DF's fault he doesn't have the money to sign them permanently, thanks to his predecessor. Hopefully he can get another 3 in soon and we can all be depressed when they are a big hit and we can't afford to sign them permanently . Unless we do a Burnley of course.

Interesting read, especially the insight into the preferred tactics.

It's the same in business, companies collect data and get social media presence because they think it is the thing to do & then do bugger all constructive with it.