Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Uspga

L/H White

Final major of the year tees off tomorrow

The course plays quite long and has 3 par 5's

Due to his massive hitting I'll be having an e/w bet on Bubba Watson @35/1

Other Picks

Hunter Mahan - won 5 matches out of 5 when he played this course during the 2008 ryder cup, and led the greens in regulation last week, so hopefully he's hitting the ball well again

Charl Schwartzel - in good form as of late and knows how to get it done in majors

Rickie Fowler - won me money every major this year backing him e/w, could he go one step further?

I can see Rory winning this and carrying on his fine form, but 6/1 represents no value with such a big field

Fowler placed :good:

Hunter -11

Schwartzel -9

Great scores from Hunter and Charl, unfortunately the just fell short of a place :mellow: 

Bubba shit

had to work hard to stop my eyes from closing early this morning. i was determined no to fall asleep.

Mcilroy showed true determination on the back 9. the eagle on 10 was immense and that got him back into the swing of things as he went into the turn 3 behind Fowler.

better than any football entertainment that last night 

Rory showed true class last night. To come back from being 3 behind at one point was superb stuff. The momentum, twatbag yank crowd and leaderboard were all against him yet he still managed to reel the two in front and Stenson in and seal the deal.

He reminded me of Tiger at times when he was in that mood when he just would not be beaten.

Edited by tylswhite

• 3 weeks later...