Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Middle East

globaldiver

In passing, has there been any coverage of Libya? (I had a lost weekend, and missed Saturday's news).

Apparently IS supported forces have taken control of Tripoli airport (and destroyed it?), and the country may split into 2 parts.

Egypt and Sudan looking on, nervously.

a good friend of mine has had a work trip to Libya suspended indefinitely due to the situation. He's in O&G & pissed of as the expenses were excellent. I have wondered why prices haven't gone up with all this unrest, or is this due?

a good friend of mine has had a work trip to Libya suspended indefinitely due to the situation. He's in O&G & pissed of as the expenses were excellent. I have wondered why prices haven't gone up with all this unrest, or is this due?

I think the shit hit the fan at the weekend, so reports in the last few days saying Libyan oil output is back to normal levels are out of date. If an oil refinery is on fire I imagine its output is curtailed. The relative of a friend of a friend had a 2 day drive into Tunisia to get back here at all.

UAE forces, operating out of Egypt, bombed Tripoli Airport. The Americans were upset they hadn't been informed!?!?![/quote

Not as upset as the Saudi sponsors of the fundamentalists who had destroyed said airport. Tia said this blindside had em tearing their beards out!

I think the shit hit the fan at the weekend, so reports in the last few days saying Libyan oil output is back to normal levels are out of date. If an oil refinery is on fire I imagine its output is curtailed. The relative of a friend of a friend had a 2 day drive into Tunisia to get back here at all.

it's been since 3 or 4 months ago so I presume our government knew it was a tinderbox

An oil refinery on fire is no issue. planty of others around the world that can take up the slack (and would also depend on what that refinery produces not all oil gets turned in petrol), now an oil field on fire now that's another issue  

• Members

The obnoxious Greens down here have come out against the assistance the Australian forces are giving to the Peshmerga and victims of IS, ISIS, ISIL or whatever the murderous scumbags are calling themselves this week.

The Greens and an Independent trotting out the line 'why should we get involved in other peoples wars half a world away?'. They want a parliamentary debate whilst people are being beheaded and butchered.

We all know that Greens are basically communists under another name but FFS, can the thick cunts really believe that the growth of this poisonous organisation will have no effect on them?

Are the Greens this deluded in the UK?

The obnoxious Greens down here have come out against the assistance the Australian forces are giving to the Peshmerga and victims of IS, ISIS, ISIL or whatever the murderous scumbags are calling themselves this week.

The Greens and an Independent trotting out the line 'why should we get involved in other peoples wars half a world away?'. They want a parliamentary debate whilst people are being beheaded and butchered.

We all know that Greens are basically communists under another name but FFS, can the thick cunts really believe that the growth of this poisonous organisation will have no effect on them?

Same delusion no doubt, but we only have 1 mp here, one in the HOL and 3 in Europe. The MP is more or less permanently on demos against Fracking.

I see that the Stop The War Coalition has stated - without irony - that the key to defeating ISIS is to invest in renewable energy.

Green politics are what you get when impressionable campus leftists reproduce the 1970s almanac of western communist clichés, but take out all the nasty bits and use crayons. Pestilence be upon them.

I see that the Stop The War Coalition has stated - without irony - that the key to defeating ISIS is to invest in renewable energy.

Green politics are what you get when impressionable campus leftists reproduce the 1970s almanac of western communist clichés, but take out all the nasty bits and use crayons. Pestilence be upon them.

That was my (tongue in cheek) idea, I outlined this concept on here a bit back (non-specific to IS) - are they coming on here to nick stuff an' all, like every other c*nt and his dog?

Green politics are what you get when impressionable campus leftists reproduce the 1970s almanac of western communist clichés, but take out all the nasty bits and use crayons. Pestilence be upon them.

It's a bizarre world they live in. It's a relevant as me having thai chicken and noodles for tea will result in Stockholm having rain a week next Thursday.

Are they ok with windfarms this week because last week their other scruffy mates were moaning about a few dead seagulls.

They are currently confused (see Rotherham thread), but still sway with their evil, deluded philosophy across many local govts

• Members

They are now led by an Aussie woman.

Oh shit.  You'd have thought we'd have learned a lesson when we let Germaine Greer in! You've all been so entranced by Kylies buttocks and you've let more of them in haven't you?

The leader of the Greens down here (Christine Milne) should be exported. Preferably to the moon. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've just seen Obama's speech on CNN. Fuck me I think he robbed it from Bush. Normally I like the bloke but he sounded like right arrogant cock.

It's 9/11 so he probably feels the need to make a point.