Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Food & Drink Festival

Elvis

Just been and yet again fucking fantastic! The layout this year is alot more spread out which allows more crowd flow and volume,congestion inbetween shops and stalls is vastly reduced. There is a designated 'kids area' for the younger one's which Bolton Council have put alot of effort and thought into planning. 1/2 of Le Mans Cresent is a science / sports and fun zone to keep the younger one's entertained. Really good variety and selection of shops trading. Plenty of small independent craft ale types for the drinkers, designsted bars with drinking areas and plenty of seats if you need to sit down for a rest or a bite to eat. I went just before 10am when it was absolutely booming. Right from the Vaults strectching to Olympus Chippy something is happening. The sheer scale of it this year has to be commended . Nipped back into the centre about 11 and it's on full swing. Fair play Fat Controller, one thing you do right every year.

Edited by DIPS

Sounds great but one weekend a year is simply turd polishing.

Cliffs a cunt, and no amount of exotic meats are going to change that.

You can find Spider hanging around the Lobby Stall, eating copious amounts of the stuff

Is that orange staute in the window a carrot?

all good Lobby has a carrot

Yes, and if you look inside on the wall, as a tribute to Leigh, there is a picture of the railway track that leads directly to Leigh Station

Youri will be going around all the stalls asking for a small tester. Eating for free = more cider.

There's no need for freebies, I give myself the lurgy by having a cheeseburger from China Gardens, then pitch up and cough and splutter all over whatever I fancy at the food festival - these batches then end up in the bins round the back for easy later retrieval. It works everytime, well, one time a little chinese fella kept dishing up his chicken regardless of my Typhoid Youri efforts, up near Newport Street end it was...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Youri, Aldi are the main sponsors again this year. They are giving out a booklet with vouchers of 30-50% off for cheese, wine and champagne. Also a free goodybag with jam, pasta, pesto, tomatoes and greens ;)

Edited by DIPS

Had mooch after work. It's great to see the town full and its even bigger than last year. Everything is overpriced though.

It's a sort of gentrification one time a year. I'll be going again tomorrow afternoon though. Anything that can raise the profile of the town centre has to be good.

There are many problems with the town centre at the moment but there are also a lot of projects ongoing that will hopefully regenerate the town.

• Moderators

Great to see town looking like a town should, not being funny but Manc has stuff like this on every weekend.

If you are going, take plenty of cash. Everything is £6. Pound Bakery have missed a trick if they've not tripled their prices.