Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Good Lad Celebs

Thorpey

Been on it with Tuffers all day as he turned up for a 20/20 match for our President's Day at cricket club.

4 or 5 pints before the game, 10 runs (inc an all run 4!) and bowled 5 overs before loads more beer and about 40 B&H and then he did the ice bucket challenge - nominated Boycott, Vaughan and Agnew.

Really good lad and didn't once give it the big one.  Gabby Logan and her other half were there too but didn't speak to the sweaty socks.  His missus is a real decent sort too.

Met a few before but Tuffers is the dogs.  Completely normal bloke who'd fit in well on a WW away day.

Any others?

Robert Powell - really lovely bloke and Roger Moore is a perfect gent and Ian McDiarmid is a great actor who will give his time to promote shows without complaint. However, most actors I'd quite like to stab in the eye. In my experience the smaller the star name, the bigger the wanker they are. Also, the older and more experienced (ie if they actually have a talent and don't just want to be famous) they are, the nicer they seem to be.

Met Wayne Mardle and Kevin Painter plenty of times, 2 of the best lads on the darts circuit. Painter is a massive Ipswich fan, had plenty of banter with him on that score

Spent a very long night playing poker with mardle top bloke, he got some grief off a pissed up knobhead but he just had a laugh.

Come on Half-a-story, name the dickheads.

Nah, as the caveat with all this is that I meet them through work and sometimes people just have a bad day. Plus, marketeers and PRs are the last people on earth these people like to deal with so they can be nob heads to just us and lovely to everyone else. Obviously bad reviews and poor audiences are nothing at all to do with them and everything to do with us. 

You mean you've met Emporer Palpatine and never bothered to mention this to me before???

Yeah -sorry, it was a while ago now. He did Six Characters in Search of an Author at CFT.

The director was having a bit of a diva moment and wouldn't allow any of the actors anymore than one line in the filming of the video promo; he thought it'd give too much away despite the play being written in 1921 so would only allow a line each to be spoken. McDiarmind use rolled his eyes at the preciousness of this and stayed behind for an hour, just doing one line so we could get what we wanted.

Take a look 

It's a little pretentious for some (although if you know the play it fits perfectly), but given we had about 10 seconds of footage it worked really well and actually got the film maker a huge gig with the National.

Yeah -sorry, it was a while ago now. He did Six Characters in Search of an Author at CFT.

The director was having a bit of a diva moment and wouldn't allow any of the actors anymore than one line in the filming of the video promo; he thought it'd give too much away despite the play being written in 1921 so would only allow a line each to be spoken. McDiarmind use rolled his eyes at the preciousness of this and stayed behind for an hour, just doing one line so we could get what we wanted.

Take a look

It's a little pretentious for some (although if you know the play it fits perfectly), but given we had about 10 seconds of footage it worked really well and actually got the film maker a huge gig with the National.

A yes or no would have done! :-)

Spent a very long night playing poker with mardle top bloke, he got some grief off a pissed up knobhead but he just had a laugh.

Met Mardle when I took my lad to watch the darts. I asked him if he minded having a photo with my lad, he obliged and stepped out of the area where he was in had the photo and spent a minute or so chatting to us. Later I saw Bristow in the same area and asked if he minded a having a photo. He declined saying he wasn't allowed as he was in the area where you could pay for official photos.

I didn't realise this at the time, so fairplay to Mardle for having the photo when he didn't have to, rather than making a few quid. Top bloke.

Hmmm... that has just confirmed what I already knew, Crawley - 'the arts' aren't for me! :unknw:

Erm, bit broad that though isn't it, plenty of the arts isn't for me either. I didn't really like this production. After this I sold Stepping Out starting Jessie Wallace and Birds of a Feather. It's like saying all sports are the same, using a rather clunky analogy.

And yes, Kent it would have.