Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Islamic State

Underpants

Good to see that the  our security services are on top of this at the moment, mind you the only have to be lucky once as the Provos used to say. Prevent is working too, although the hand wringing Guardianistas want to put a stop to it as it upsets the the sensitivities of those who follow the religion of peace. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/oct/20/prevent-isnt-working-inclusive-muslim-communities-counter-terrorism

Opinion not editorial.

• Members

I know this makes me unpatriotic and a terrorist sympathiser but I think it is a balancing act

I'd happily give the authorities carte blanche to do wtf they want but that might be counter productive if it alienates folk who are waivering

Fucking hell - ditherers lose. You can't take a backward step or even pause for consideration with these cunts. They will see it as a sign of weakness.

They need to be obliterated using the only methods they understand.

• 3 months later...

You could not make this up! They should round up all the human rights lawyers who fought this guys case and incarcerate em in Guantanamo!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/22/isis-suicide-bomber-was-briton-freed-from-guantanamo

Quite ironic David Blunkett said none of the people freed from Guantanamo would be a threat to the security of the British people.

He obviously couldn't see what was on going on...

So we're they released because they promised to be good?

Basically mate.

His missus didn't seem to like the lifestyle though judging by her account of things....

Sick kids wailing all the time, hundreds of people in one hall, gangster talk, violent scenes all round, folk watching ISIS videos, muggings,rape etc................................so they decided to leave Manchester and head to Syria.....

• Site Supporter

Along with Tony Fucking Bliar.

The Tories supported the Guantanamo releases, and signed off the compensation deals. The Daily Mail also championed the releases at the time with front page headlines.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter

All true -  all of them are culpable.

The government at the time were stuck between a rock and a hard place. The law the meant revealing publicly those intelligence individuals who had info on him, in court.

They chose not to go to court and paid compo instead.

Not sure it was a political decision; just one of law and pragmatism.

Not sure it was a political decision; just one of law and pragmatism.

I get that, it's just ridiculous they're trying to blame each other  -  it really doesn't matter whose "fault" it is that he received the compensation. It's clear that the compo was only paid out to keep them quiet about what really went on in Camp X-Ray, as we (the UK) clearly wouldn't want to be seen as complicit in torture tactics, of which I have no doubt occured

I get that, it's just ridiculous they're trying to blame each other  -  it really doesn't matter whose "fault" it is that he received the compensation. It's clear that the compo was only paid out to keep them quiet about what really went on in Camp X-Ray, as we (the UK) clearly wouldn't want to be seen as complicit in torture tactics, of which I have no doubt occured

Water boarding . . . . pfffffft!!  Sounds like a day at beach ;)

Seriously though, it just shows that perhaps for all my reservations maybe it was a necessary evil?  Think how many like this mon were stopped or forced to give up others?

Case in point being a bit of a balls up really

Edited by madthatter

• Site Supporter

That is true enough. Saw jack straw last night who explained it without any great political point scoring. Don't know why others cant- after all we all want good national security and bitching doesn't help.

The Daily Mail always have some agenda or other, I don't know what it was at that moment in time

The always have a uniting theme of meanness and misanthropy.

Growing up we had the Guardian delivered for my dad and the Mail for my mum. I preferred the Daily Mail because of the Fred Bassett cartoon, not sure what permanent damage that has done.

• Members

The always have a uniting theme of meanness and misanthropy.

Growing up we had the Guardian delivered for my dad and the Mail for my mum. I preferred the Daily Mail because of the Fred Bassett cartoon, not sure what permanent damage that has done.

Mum always knows best.