Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Islamic State

Underpants

• Site Supporter

Perhaps the subsequent evidence found chez Bin Laden was crucial in gaining the conviction.

That certainly wasn't available when GMP submitted the case to the CPS.

The other 10 were successfully deported to Pakistan, but that option was not available for the one who had a British nationality.

That's ok except for the fact that the Chief superintendent and Chief Inspector both stated that CPS had more than enough evidence to ensure a conviction. Tony whatshisname the Police Commissioner said he's going to be asking some questions so he must be happy that they had enough too.

• Site Supporter
just been on the radio that he has got a minimum of four years. What a joke, let the bastard go and tear up his passport on the way out

That's ok except for the fact that the Chief superintendent and Chief Inspector both stated that CPS had more than enough evidence to ensure a conviction. Tony whatshisname the Police Commissioner said he's going to be asking some questions so he must be happy that they had enough too.

I really don't think the ChSupt and ChInsp view define what a judge and jury would decide.

Tony Lloyd is going to ask questions, well he would wouldn't he?

Edited by MalcolmW

• Site Supporter

I was under the impression that it's the chinsp and chsupt's job to decide what is acceptable evidence to send to CPS and what isn't. If they thought it wouldn't pass muster then it wouldn't be in their interest to send it in.

I was under the impression that it's the chinsp and chsupt's job to decide what is acceptable evidence to send to CPS and what isn't. If they thought it wouldn't pass muster then it wouldn't be in their interest to send it in.

They've all got judgements to make. The ChSupt may have felt that not submitting it because he had doubts about the strength of the case was a more difficult position to defend than simply sending it in.

The ChInsp would think twice before disagreeing with his boss!

The CPS would have to weigh the evidence, and take account of any problems which could arise from cross-examination, before deciding whether or not to proceed.

Tony Lloyd is the nicest Labour politician I have ever met, but at the end of the day he is a dyed in the wool Labour operator who would not miss an opportunity to bash his opponents.

The CPS are certainly not immune from errors, but I would back their judgement over the police's.

• Moderators

I notice from that story he's got a well stocked medical equipment bag including some aspirin, paracetamol and some sticky plasters.

They should come in handy when he gets his leg blown off!

And right on cue, here we go folks......its never our fault, its always the establishment, police etc, nowt to do with our  indoctrination of our kids with our stone age belief system or the fact we might be better placed to know what they are up to!

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/06/syria-bound-girls-hid-police-letter-families

• Site Supporter

they believe could have saved the teenagers from falling into the clutches of Islamic State

Falling into, fucking falling into!!!  They travelled over 3000 fucking miles to get there, they fell into fuck all.  Fuck off.