Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

adidas Thread

Horwich

I'm hearing bad reports about the quality of the bern.

Apparently adidas used images of a pristine OG pair owned by some lad to help em design em.

Apparently they are a bit crap,the sole is different,cheap suede and the toe box is all over the show.

Some trainer geek I know told me all this :-)

I'm hearing bad reports about the quality of the bern.

Apparently adidas used images of a pristine OG pair owned by some lad to help em design em.

Apparently they are a bit crap,the sole is different,cheap suede and the toe box is all over the show.

Some trainer geek I know told me all this :-)

Pretty much describes all reissues in the last 4 years.

Heard the same about someone's OG pair of Bern being used for the reissue Gonzo. They were supposed to be 1 : 1 exact reissues but Im not seeing it!

Reminds me of a great story Ive heard told a few times about adidas "borrowing" a pair of long since deadstocked trainers off a collector to help them come up with a reissue, well they lost one of them, so as an apology they created 3 or 4 pairs of City series trainers in whatever colourway with whatever writing he wanted on.

Doesn't sound quite as good now with reissues in so many colourways, but Id be creaming myself if I had that happen!

Get em Bigtoe, store them for 6-12 months then start wearing them, that's what I often do if its something that everyone's getting

I wont be seen in the OG c/w Hamburgs for months yet, long after everyone's battered theirs into unwearable submission!

Get em Bigtoe, store them for 6-12 months then start wearing them, that's what I often do if its something that everyone's getting

I wont be seen in the OG c/w Hamburgs for months yet, long after everyone's battered theirs into unwearable submission!

Looks like i snoozed and I loozed.

Oh well.