Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

adidas Thread

Horwich

I've got a picture of the Jap munchen I can't upload.

I need to see this!

waiting for clearer pics before i make a judgement

About two weeks too late (and really not worth your time and attention returning to these posts just for this but... :( )

HTH?

MUFC_medium.jpg

To keep it trainer related, I have some white leather adidas, black velvety stripe and back logo - sort of like Superstar but with a leather shelltoe and black thick ripple sole - anyhow, they dated from the mid to late 90s - I bought 'em didn't like them and so stuck them back in the box and they've moved with me ever since...

Anyway, I dug them out last summer - pristine they were, no yellowing, no cracking, they were like they were straight from the shop. I've since started to wear them, only occasionally, and mostly just around the house, the odd trip over the road to the pub or corner shop, but not out/out...In this short period they've disintegrated like a vampire in sunlight - they look absolutely f*cked now - like I've been wearing them for a weekly 5-side for about ten years...

This leads me to thinking that no pair of trainers is worth £750, unless you plan on making them a museum piece. Chances are as soon as the trainers you've stored for years start getting worn, they'll look like shite very quickly - no matter how many puddles you jump or careful toothbrushings you give. Thoughts or experiences, anyone?

haha the glass cases storage rumour is not true!

Theyre on a display rack.

What about dust etc.? I keep my good ones in their boxes in a cupboard (the ones I have left, I sold about twelve pairs I'd never wear/hadn't worn in the past year - apart from one pair got less than I'd paid) - the worn-in rest in those shoe hangers, but on a rack? They don't look like this do they?

401183123_3707fc70f9.jpg

adidas-80s-collection-by-casually-readin

Edited by Youri McAnespie