Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

adidas Thread

Horwich

I see the title of that pic is crappa, can anyone explain why the likes of Ellesse and Kappa have made a come back?

They were shitty brands in the 90's worn by scutters why have they become popular?

I had some Ellesse trainers, I can remember wearing them at Wembley for the Reading Play-Off Final, they were the white leather ones with the half-moon Ellesse 'medal' on the laces - I didn't think I was a scutter at the time...

It was a period of experimentation with brands, I tried Nike (again), Ellesse, Reebok (a fetching beige and chocolate pair) and Mizuno...I went to back to adidas in the end though - they all seemed to fall to bits more quickly than adidas...

Why are they popular again? Twenty year rule? People have forgot how crap they were (or weren't even born last time round)?

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Aye, shit pay in poor conditions.

Like most people who make mass produced footwear, clothing, workwear, school uniforms etc..

It was a bit of an assumption that the greater the cost, the better the pay and conditions, for all I know Asda may source their stuff from (relatively) good (to workers) factories and suppliers etc. - they may take a dive on their profits to do this...

I did hear from someone involved in the fashion industry once that some handbag firm or other had some of their stuff produced in atrocious conditions and for little more than a tenner apiece - they went on to flog the item for (several?) hundred quid...She was definitely in the fashion industry as I thought she was French on first appearance (it was in a club).

It was a bit of an assumption that the greater the cost, the better the pay and conditions, for all I know Asda may source their stuff from (relatively) good (to workers) factories and suppliers etc. - they may take a dive on their profits to do this...

I did hear from someone involved in the fashion industry once that some handbag firm or other had some of their stuff produced in atrocious conditions and for little more than a tenner apiece - they went on to flog the item for (several?) hundred quid...She was definitely in the fashion industry as I thought she was French on first appearance (it was in a club).

If she dealt with the factory she described & was in a position of authority she was either very bad at her job or a liar.

Oh, a good handful, she was tall and leggy tho' - I had a thing for tall(ish) girls at that time - I was, in my altered state of mind, watching her from afar for a bit before pouncing and convinced myself she was French for some reason too - which added to her allure. My current beau (fluctuate wildly - no definitive measurement) is a petite 'un tho'...

Oi Polloi were flogging Micropacers for 42 quid.

Bit of a marmite trainer though

I was in the adidas shop in Rome yesterday and they was selling them for 70 euros, as you say, marmite

Gazlelles were going for 40 euros to

Ended up walking out with a jacket and top