Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

adidas Thread

Horwich

• Members
On 16/11/2019 at 10:57, Marc505 said:

Picked up Malmö last night, still to be convinced they're better than my 2011s but we'll see 

SNS doing some exclusive Sondermalm or something like that, basically green and white Stadt. I'm done for a few months now till the Amsterdam come out, been rinsed this year.

What Amsterdam are coming out Marc? When?

53 minutes ago, burnden said:

What Amsterdam are coming out Marc? When?

Was originally alerted to it by this post months ago...

Can't take that as gospel as other city series have come out this year that aren't mentioned there and the dates haven't been bang on. But Amsterdam are right up there in my most wanted so here's hoping.

Velcro Frankfurt, not so much.

On 16/11/2019 at 10:57, Marc505 said:

Picked up Malmö last night, still to be convinced they're better than my 2011s but we'll see 

SNS doing some exclusive Sondermalm or something like that, basically green and white Stadt. I'm done for a few months now till the Amsterdam come out, been rinsed this year.

These are the Sodermalm

8 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I’m going to treat myself with these for Christmas.

I'll be disappointed if they just use this same flimsy unit they've used all year (my Malmö are like paper!). Amsterdam are up there as one of the most sought after city series do hopefully they're a bespoke design but who knows.

Love a brown trainer me.

2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I'll be disappointed if they just use this same flimsy unit they've used all year (my Malmö are like paper!). Amsterdam are up there as one of the most sought after city series do hopefully they're a bespoke design but who knows.

Love a brown trainer me.

That’s it though, why are the soles so shite, surely they must be losing to Nike the next generation.  Even though, the light coloured Padiham look very nice, the blue look like a mixture of the Stadts they’ve just released a few weeks back.  I was thinking of selling some of my unworn Hamburgs and Gazelles, the Hamburgs I’m keeping now because of the slipping standards, I love the soles on them, last forever.

Hamburg GTX get a lot of wear from me too and the sole still looks virtually boxfresh.

I think adidas are guilty of knowing they can be lazy and just churn stuff out with not much innovation and they'll still shift loads of units regardless because of brand loyalty (from the likes of me) 

Look at the city series. Endless number of new cities, colourways, trainer designs they could use yet how many new cities have been done in recent years? Get some adidas Riga or some adidas Gdansk out!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Didn't have you down as a 16yr old college kid spending on his mummy's card.

Unless you bought them to rinse said mums credit cards.

Won the oki ni raffle so happy enough to buy em and see what happens in future.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone seen anything decent to look out for in the sales? Or any sites got decent sales on. I’ve been looking at a few of the more popular sites but not seen much I like. Any more obscure ones I should know about please?