Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

adidas Thread

Horwich

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

It's the same unit as Brussels, Malmö, Been etc have been.

Just seen from my Twitter Size might be coming up with some fresh city series stuff as part of their 20th anniversary this year. I queued up overnight for some of their 2010 anniversary releases in Manchester it was fucking bedlam.

Queued in the fucking snow from 4am for the Birmingham release only to get to the front at 9.30am and they'd just sold the last pair. Had counted up the queue when I was there but two cunts were in cars keeping warm and jumped in when they opened. 

Never again! 

23 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Queued in the fucking snow from 4am for the Birmingham release only to get to the front at 9.30am and they'd just sold the last pair. Had counted up the queue when I was there but two cunts were in cars keeping warm and jumped in when they opened. 

Never again! 

Was a scandal some of what went on in them queues. I spent over 12 hours for the Manchesters and was still about number 10 in the queue, got the last pair of size 12 but there was a near riot at opening time, hundreds in that line.

Sold them a few years later and it paid for a New York trip!

13 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Interested in the thread, love the following of the brand and the fashion, just want to know when you buy these highly sort after trainers, do you wear them or are they just for your collections? 

I always buy to wear, but I don't really collect vintage stuff. 

17 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Interested in the thread, love the following of the brand and the fashion, just want to know when you buy these highly sort after trainers, do you wear them or are they just for your collections? 

Buy to wear but like having ones that are a bit harder to come by so I’m not just wearing the same gazelles etc everyone else in the pub is wearing. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, maje said:

Buy to wear but like having ones that are a bit harder to come by so I’m not just wearing the same gazelles etc everyone else in the pub is wearing. 

But they all look the fucking same!

Is all this shoving of placenames in gold block not just emporor's new clothes syndrome?

My lad is a collector of Adidas and reckons the colours used for certain cities mean different things.

I reckon it's all just great marketing that changing a shade on the stripes means it's a brand new must-have shoe.