Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

adidas Thread

Horwich

Very dear time coming up on the trainer front. I want the Topangas as I always love a brown trainer, wasn't instantly taken with the Ardwicks but seen some more photos of them now and like them. I really doubt Id get a pair of them though, Im not feeling committed enough to get myself a pair, itll be hard work.

What do you make of the Bern reissue Horwich? Shape looks a bit wrong to me but Ill wait till I see them in the flesh suede.

Sorry, but I can't help it any longer, someone has to break rank - apologies if this reads like I'm the bloke below, I am him (sometimes), I'm not the real life one from the match tho' btw, anyway...

mrlogic.jpg

To anyone going, if there's anyone from adidas there, ask them why, as recently as nine or ten years ago, when I (or you) led a more active life, thus exposing their footwear to more adverse conditions, said footwear stayed relatively intact for a good period of time, whereas now, where one leads a more sedentary life and are more apt to jump puddles than march through them, their footwear seems to fall to pieces and/or look like shit within a few weeks

Sorry, but I can't help it any longer, someone has to break rank - apologies if this reads like I'm the bloke below, I am him (sometimes), I'm not the real life one from the match tho' btw, anyway...

mrlogic.jpg

To anyone going, if there's anyone from adidas there, ask them why, as recently as nine or ten years ago, when I (or you) led a more active life, thus exposing their footwear to more adverse conditions, said footwear stayed relatively intact for a good period of time, whereas now, where one leads a more sedentary life and are more apt to jump puddles than march through them, their footwear seems to fall to pieces and/or look like shit within a few weeks

Disposable society.

It is, and it's fucking shit...

I'm going to make a firm that makes stuff that lasts forever.

It'll be a growth industry once folk en masse finally twig they're being sold products with design flaws left in and inferior materials used on purpose.

It's my number one pet hate, planned obsolescence, stuff designed to fail, stuff that then gets landfilled, but is perfectly good apart from one (non-repairable) flaw that could be corrected in design/manufacture, or a part that fails and is integrated so can't be replaced.

They bank on people thinking ''Oh well, I only paid £x for it, I'll get another one...''

It's bollocks.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

It is, and it's fucking shit...

I'm going to make a firm that makes stuff that lasts forever.

It'll be a growth industry once folk en masse finally twig they're being sold products with design flaws left in and inferior materials used on purpose.

It's my number one pet hate, planned obsolescence, stuff designed to fail, stuff that then gets landfilled, but is perfectly good apart from one (non-repairable) flaw that could be corrected in design/manufacture, or a part that fails and is integrated so can't be replaced.

They bank on people thinking ''Oh well, I only paid £x for it, I'll get another one...''

It's bollocks.

You'll become a marked man, Youri.

Have you ever seen "The Man in the White Suit" with Alec Guiness?