Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

adidas Thread

Horwich

1 hour ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I've just purchased both pairs of Padiham and the BC's, love the colours on them all.

Where from? Which colours? I really like these but can’t find them anywhere 

3815DA75-ACA7-4269-A520-D6F7C464223F.jpeg

Edited by maje

Recommendation please

I love my Gazelles, had them donkeys, worn them in all weathers, and they still look good

Problem I have is that I need an orthotic insole due to the osteoarthritis in my big toe so need a fairly spacious shoe and Gazelles are so fucking tight on the foot that I can’t fit my orthotic inside. I’m size 9 so tried new Gazelles in a 9.5. Still tight and my foot was slipping in them so didn’t solve the problem

Is there a design, similar to the Gazelle that’s a bit more spacious? Thing about the Gazelle is that the angle of the sole is perfect that it takes the pressure off the toe joint so looking for that type/angle of sole with a decent design 

Went to the Trafford Centre early this morning but the mouth-breathers in the shops hadn’t got a clue what I was talking about. Happy to pay the price to get the right shoe 

1 minute ago, MancWanderer said:

Recommendation please

I love my Gazelles, had them donkeys, worn them in all weathers, and they still look good

Problem I have is that I need an orthotic insole due to the osteoarthritis in my big toe so need a fairly spacious shoe and Gazelles are so fucking tight on the foot that I can’t fit my orthotic inside. I’m size 9 so tried new Gazelles in a 9.5. Still tight and my foot was slipping in them so didn’t solve the problem

Is there a design, similar to the Gazelle that’s a bit more spacious? Thing about the Gazelle is that the angle of the sole is perfect that it takes the pressure off the toe joint so looking for that type/angle of sole with a decent design 

Went to the Trafford Centre early this morning but the mouth-breathers in the shops hadn’t got a clue what I was talking about. Happy to pay the price to get the right shoe 

Suffer from gout in my toe every so often and I’ve got 4 pair of munchens which I can hardly feel it when wearing. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Recommendation please

Jeans or Hamburgs MW, better made than gazelles and more space IMO. 

24 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Just had a look on there, they just seem to do small sizes, like up to 9.5, but I'm a size 12, great prices if they're genuine.

That’s what I want to know too as they have the blue/yellow Stockholm’s in my size and I really like them but very wary they are fake. 

32 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Hamburgs and Jeans are the best Adidas I’ve had in years

32 minutes ago, maje said:

Suffer from gout in my toe every so often and I’ve got 4 pair of munchens which I can hardly feel it when wearing. 

Ace. Thank you both.

Hamburgs and Munchens look good re the sole. Jeans look to much like the Samba which doesn’t work for me

1 minute ago, MancWanderer said:

Ace. Thank you both.

Hamburgs and Munchens look good re the sole. Jeans look to much like the Samba which doesn’t work for me

I do love those Jap Munchen in two tone brown colourway but they're just far too narrow for me.

I feel your pain Blondi, I'm ideally 11.5-12 and it's been impossible in the past to source my size. This year's releases though have been plentiful in bigger sizes.

Amsterdam the big one for me in 2020, I've not heard of much else on the grapevine yet other than Frankfurt but they're velcro IIRC, I'm past that.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Are any Adidas trainers actually knocked up in Germany anymore? I know the majority of production was shipped out to China and Vietnam over 25 years ago, hence the drop in quality presumably.

Were they ever? Serious, I don't know. Probably the very early ones until the Far East production costs made it an obvious place to outsource to.

8 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Were they ever? Serious, I don't know. Probably the very early ones until the Far East production costs made it an obvious place to outsource to.

A quick google search tells me that 90% of their trainer production had been shifted to the far east by 1993.

I'm presuming that the majority of their trainers would have been Deutsche produced up till the mid 80's?

I'm sure someone on here will know their  Adi Dassler history.