Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

We Only Need 9 Men, We Only Need 9 Men....

jeep

You must be the only Bolton fan to miss that Leicester game as that was our record attendance at the Reebok over 28,000 on where have the other 15k gone, used to go with loads of mates then only 1 or 2 still go, sad when you think about it.

I was still living in London and having other problems just then, I guess. Didn't miss many home games even so, but that must have been some atmosphere and I wasn't there for it.

Just checked - the record Reebok home crowd WAS in fact 2 years later. Odd coincidence.

Edited by Rembrandt

Tasty in the Big window before the game.

Cannot believe they allowed us to walk down from train station on our own and take the pub.

That said, a lot of Burnley were in hiding as they had smashed up their own town the week before after they lost to Blackburn.

Always tasty over there in the 80's and 90's though.

Inbred scum.

Grew up with the fuckers.....

Leicester 2-2 Savage should have been sent off for his thigh high tackle on Colin Hendry in the first half. 

Burnley 2-2. Don't think I've ever celebrated draw more than this one.  That includes Leicester and Bayern to name a couple more.

Post match thought we'd found a quite little boozer away from the ground.  Turns out it was full of hooligans, it did'nt look to good for us. Never been so close to home and felt so out of place

& they knew it.

Quick as flash one of our group, walked to front and in his finest southern accent, enquired " Is Big Dave in ".  The guy hanging off the door, looked puzzled.  Andy repeated " Is Big Dave in "

. Someone shouted from inside the pub.  "No mate you've just missed him".  " Cheers " & a very sharp exit was made.  As we were walking towards the pub, a lad had come out of the pub and shouted to the aforementioned Big Dave to hold up while he caught him up.  Absolute genius on Andy's part.

Leicester 2-2 Savage should have been sent off for his thigh high tackle on Colin Hendry in the first half.

Burnley 2-2. Don't think I've ever celebrated draw more than this one. That includes Leicester and Bayern to name a couple more.

Post match thought we'd found a quite little boozer away from the ground. Turns out it was full of hooligans, it did'nt look to good for us. Never been so close to home and felt so out of place

& they knew it.

Quick as flash one of our group, walked to front and in his finest southern accent, enquired " Is Big Dave in ". The guy hanging off the door, looked puzzled. Andy repeated " Is Big Dave in "

. Someone shouted from inside the pub. "No mate you've just missed him". " Cheers " & a very sharp exit was made. As we were walking towards the pub, a lad had come out of the pub and shouted to the aforementioned Big Dave to hold up while he caught him up. Absolute genius on Andy's part.

Brilliant haha

Was after that game when a furious Burnley fan driving an Astra screeched to a halt beside me and wound down his passenger window and when I bent down to see what he wanted he had a swing at me but couldn't reach because of his seatbelt and another Wanderers fan spat in his face over my shoulder.

Was a friendly game :lol: