Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Breaking News Its Lennon

Mounts Kipper

New Bolton manager Neil Lennon on 5 live

Listen to Lennon

Posted at

"There's a good structure at the club. I know the stadium well and there are some good players at the club.

"I have a big job on my hands to get Bolton up the table. The financial state of the club never came up in my discussions. I will play a style of football that will please the Bolton fans."

cos the assumption was that he'd be paid til the end of this season, june whatever

not another 12 months, i guess

I was under the impression 12 month rolling deals only kick-in at the start of a season (could be massively wrong) - meaning we would only be paying him until end of this season. But he was definitely contracted on a 2 and half year deal so it's more than a little confusing.

Anyway, if he takes the Orient job then we're quids in...sort of.

I honestly don't know who some people think we are?

We're a tiny club in the grand scheme of things at the bottom of the championship, had a 10 year period punching above our weight in the toughest league in the world only to return to a level the majority of us have only ever known. If not worse!! We've got a squad of players who are simply not good enough or who do not have enough professional pride to care and we haven't got a pot to piss in.

I'm frankly astounded we've managed to get this fella on board so every credit to PG

We should be shouting from the rooftops not arguing over non football related points that let's be honest don't really ride high on people's agendas day to day. They certainly won't have any affect on the football side of our club and any progress that we will make why he is in charge.

If Gary Lineker is applauding he appointment on twatter then it will fucking do for me

We're a tiny club in the grand scheme of things at the bottom of the championship, had a 10 year period punching above our weight in the toughest league in the world only to return to a level the majority of us have only ever known. If not worse!! We've got a squad of players who are simply not good enough or who do not have enough professional pride to care and we haven't got a pot to piss in.

I'm frankly astounded we've managed to get this fella on board so every credit to PG

We should be shouting from the rooftops not arguing over non football related points that let's be honest don't really ride high on people's agendas day to day. They certainly won't have any affect on the football side of our club and any progress that we will make why he is in charge.

If Gary Lineker is applauding he appointment on twatter then it will fucking do for me

Once again mr cowdrill ...bang on.

Can we not all just be happy for once?

Not just us though. A Fulham fan on the radio the other day said they need a manager who'll take them back to where they belong by right, the premier league. I couldn't believe what I was hearing!

Right on the fucking money.

He has a big pair of ball I will give him that which could be good for them shithouses

Think they are in for a shock at training tomorrow

I see you have had a nice little touch betting on his appointment.

Dammn these pesky fat fingrts

Edited by oggybwfc

We're a tiny club in the grand scheme of things at the bottom of the championship

We're not a 'tiny club'. This appointment alone should disprove that. Bottom of the Championship we may be but the general set-up is Premier League. Lennon's not daft. He won't want to hang around in the Championship and he obviously sees us as a good bet to get back into the Premier League sooner rather than later.

THIS