Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

22 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Doesn't sound so ridiculous now does it

Comparing Rhodes to Stead? Yep, course it does. 

You claimed Rhodes would do a Rickets and was like Stead; yet 5 years later and he’s had a great start to the season for top of the table Norwich and has scored a few. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Comparing Rhodes to Stead? Yep, course it does. 

You claimed Rhodes would do a Rickets and was like Stead; yet 5 years later and he’s had a great start to the season for top of the table Norwich and has scored a few. 

give over lad, just admit you were wrong

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

Hey listen, you were bob on regarding Wilson - absolutely great shout that.

you were wrong about Rhodes though; that was my point then, and remains so now 

thanks, not sure I was wrong about Rhodes though, he's not starting for Norwich, and couldn't get in the Sheff Wed team. He's average Champ player at best

13 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

thanks, not sure I was wrong about Rhodes though, he's not starting for Norwich, and couldn't get in the Sheff Wed team. He's average Champ player at best

He’s definitely been better than average for most of the last 5 years. It went wrong for him in the play offs for Sheff Weds, he was made scapegoat and he never recovered. 

However, he’d have definitely improved us in 2013 and by god he’d do so immeasurably now.

He never made it at the top level but he’s definitely made for the upper echelons of the Championship. Not quite a Jon Stead!

44 minutes ago, Ghana White said:

I've only seen two players play us who looked dangerous with the ball in their own area. Rooney and Ronaldo, I think Rooney could have been better then he was when you think of him at Everton. Smoked and drank now ended up in America.

Did remember reading something that Rooney having coco pops for breakfast and his pre-match meal. Know that's a bit comic but can't help thinking that's merely the tip of his poor lifestyle. 

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Doesn't sound so ridiculous now does it

Good shout that

Rhodes Def dried up at Boro and sheff Weds

Might recover at Norwich but won't be getting close to Wilson any time soon

14 hours ago, Ghana White said:

I've only seen two players play us who looked dangerous with the ball in their own area. Rooney and Ronaldo, I think Rooney could have been better then he was when you think of him at Everton. Smoked and drank now ended up in America.

Walcott scared the shit out of us that day we were 2-0 up they were down to ten. He went through us like a knife through butter and they won 3-2.

Have there been many atmospheres at the new Wembley for an England game that felt like they had a real edge to them? This still feels just a slight step up from a friendly.

That 2-3 loss to Croatia before Euro 2008 maybe? Think it needs to host a WC or Euros England game, hopefully Euro 2020 semi.

19 hours ago, Ghana White said:

England’s and Manchester United’s all time top goal scorers and won every single domestic honour on the table. 

Smoking and drinking might knock 5 years off his life but it made fook all difference on his playing career.