Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Don’t remember him getting any grief at Cambridge 

wallsall yes 

We were a goal down and he either took Bob Taylor off or put him on, I forget which but it upset folk.  Taylor (or his replacement) then grabbed a brace and we won pretty easily in the end

33 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

We were a goal down and he either took Bob Taylor off or put him on, I forget which but it upset folk.  Taylor (or his replacement) then grabbed a brace and we won pretty easily in the end

I think it was Trevor Benjamin who put them 1 up. Some young lad from Bolton spat through the chicken wire that was in front of the away end and it landed on TB back. I’ve no idea who scored for us but I think it was a comfortable 3-1 in the end 

2 minutes ago, Chicken dippers said:

I think it was Trevor Benjamin who put them 1 up. Some young lad from Bolton spat through the chicken wire that was in front of the away end and it landed on TB back. I’ve no idea who scored for us but I think it was a comfortable 3-1 in the end 

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Chicken dippers said:

22 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I'm in the green fleece leaning on the fence giving Benjamin the wanker gesture, the guy in the red jacket shouted something like "fuck off yer nigger" then gobbed at him 

4 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Don’t remember him getting any grief at Cambridge 

wallsall yes 

Me too, I was at Cambridge but not Walsall. Crowd seemed supportive to me. Our away crowds weren't nearly as up for it in those days, took some very poor followings in the Allardyce years. Seems to be more passion for the club these days and that includes the many that refuse to watch any more parky football.

10 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

I'm in the green fleece leaning on the fence giving Benjamin the wanker gesture, the guy in the red jacket shouted something like "fuck off yer nigger" then gobbed at him 

I was a little bit further back on the terrace and directly behind the angry guy. I vaguely remember him shouting something but my memory is piss poor 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Watsmore said:

I was at neither,the one I went to we won 2.3 and when we got home on coach found out the town hall had had a massive fire.

The time i saw us win 3 2 was the day of the bradford fire

Let's hope this mention doesn't lead to any more typos

16 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

On those highlights it mentions that we had just lost to Tranmere in midweek, so at 1-0 down to a 4th div team and lucky not to have Whitlow sent off you can see why fans might've been on BSAs back. I didnt realise Bob Taylor had been dropped. What a class striker, that 1st goal at Cambridge said everything about him, up there with any of the pure goalscorers we've had in my lifetime and worked his tripe out every game.

Coach load of Middlesbrough fans drinking at the beehive earlier, flags out etc. 

An away day to Wigan, nil a piece and drinking at that shit hole. 

If that were me I'd be waking up Sunday morning questioning my life choices. 

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Coach load of Middlesbrough fans drinking at the beehive earlier, flags out etc. 

An away day to Wigan, nil a piece and drinking at that shit hole. 

If that were me I'd be waking up Sunday morning questioning my life choices. 

I question my own life choices after most Bolton games this season.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:06, Biganddaft said:

I was at that one. My late mother god bless her was panic stricken when she saw the news about the fire, she knew nothing about football was sure I was at Bradford

Asolutely nothing to do with Bradford.It was our town hall that had been a fire.