Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Omg, thought I always have an adversary to the red side of our big brother city but in the last couple of seasons I really can't stand Liverpool.

Was having a weekend in Lytham st Anne's around this time last year when I would have loved an English team to have lifted champions League,, step forward the obligatory gob shite Scouser.

Well from that moment,,,,,,,,,,

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

I like Klopp

i hope he goes on to a club where he can win lots of trophies.

i notice Little Hilton red has popped up again. Must be a better forum for you somewhere else? A Liverpool one, maybe?

I knew some Bolton red supporters who went watching Liverpool in the 70s, but they always seemed to be at Burnden when we got promoted in 78.

Like Klopp &  being 40 miles away from the city helps as well .A few stick ons in Horwich but less than the rags & shitty city.....so lesser of evils for me

When I worked overseas & in conversation with the natives the question 'where are you from ?' Answer Bolton followed by puzzled look by the natives & follow up question ' where ??'

Reply ' Bolton is  40 miles from Liverpool '

Thus avoiding the manc trap.

Edited by Take Hunt Off

Brilliant game.

Stuck down at Heathrow for a couple of days

Cannot wait to return to Manc. Both sets of cunts seem to be deleting their shitty Facebook comments after the 3-0 Barca win the sad bastards

Really hope the scousers win it. Yet another CL/European Cup ahead of United and everything the Arabs spunked their billions on City for with yet another failure

Maybe you have to live in Manc like me to be so bitter about them all 

50 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Them famous European nights under the lights at anfield 

Wow

The one saving grace is we've not had to listen to Clive Fuckin Tyldsley commentating

Didn’t watch it, was at the cinema. Nipped out halfway through for a slash and to check the score. Couldn’t believe it. 

Wouldn’t blame any Liverpool fan if they would give up for winning the league in return for tonight. Has to be up there with the best ever.

Also means they’ve got something to prattle on about for years to come regardless of them winning the league or not. 

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Brilliant game.

Stuck down at Heathrow for a couple of days

Cannot wait to return to Manc. Both sets of cunts seem to be deleting their shitty Facebook comments after the 3-0 Barca win the sad bastards

Really hope the scousers win it. Yet another CL/European Cup ahead of United and everything the Arabs spunked their billions on City for with yet another failure

Maybe you have to live in Manc like me to be so bitter about them all 

Aye

Also

City are convinced there is media bias towards Liverpool, they might be right, and a Liverpool CL win after narrowly missing out on the PL would probably get more air/talk time than a city treble 

There'd be a lot of bitter blues about

I loved the match tonight for lots of reasons. The way the tension rose. The face on that cheating bastard Suarez. The corner - brilliant. 

Don't care that it's Liverpool - just chuffed that an English club has made it and left wondering what it will mean for European places in the PL net season if English clubs win the CL and Europa Leagues - 6 guaranteed places?

Hope Liverpool win it. 

Spuds have a chance with Son back provided they don't let Ajax dominate them as they did in the first leg. Looking forward to tomorrow's game.

• Members

I have been at one of those magical nights at Anfield (missed the best 'White Hot' one though) when the term supersub was first used for David Fairclough's winner v St. Etienne.

Don't know what it is about that place but love them or hate them, there is certainly something extraordinary in the air.

Barcelona looked like rabbits in headlights from the start and as soon as the first one went in you just knew it was on. Remarkable. Great keeper, back four (outstanding full backs) and a top strike force. If ever they land a seriously good and creative midfielder they'll be close to unstoppable.

I like Klopp and at least a gloating scouser is not a whining scouser which makes a pleasant change. Wouldn't mind if they won it and an all English final in the other one then England go and win that Nations palaver in Portugal.

Best of it - the DMB's. Their city rivals win a domestic treble and their biggest rival champions of Europe. Woe is me :D

The reaction from the kop for the 4th goal was seriously underwhelming. They looked to celebrate the 3rd more.

almost like they weren’t sure it was a goal and it might be disallowed.

Im sure it would have been far better had it come from an open play goal.