Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

It did sound strange to have the commentators talk about how Salford have really brought credibility to the non league scene. I don't really get that, money and resentment maybe?

We're destined to play these in a competitive game soon it's obvious.

10 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It did sound strange to have the commentators talk about how Salford have really brought credibility to the non league scene. I don't really get that, money and resentment maybe?

Hardly, Burton, Luton, Fleetwood all much better suggestions.

Edited by jmjhb

3 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Can you name the 14 clubs (5 in PL this season and 9 FL) who have never played in "non-league" leagues?

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Much better atmosphere on S4C, Caernarfon v Cardiff Uni for a Europa League spot. 

Fucking hell. Week one of closed season and you're itching for a match that bad you are watching Welsh footy! Haha. 

I'm seriously considering trying to get a ticket to Chorley tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Fucking hell. Week one of closed season and you're itching for a match that bad you are watching Welsh footy! Haha. 

Went watching Connahs Quay v Caernarfon earlier in the season. Caernarfon have actually got quite a decent following (relatively speaking). Bit naughty as well, they were chucking stuff at the ref and all sorts. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Sold out

20 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I was going to post that myself, very weird.

It's the curse of the 'let's sell millions of season tickets at rock bottom prices'. So people watch more games than they normally would and aren't in the habit of paying £28 for the privilege when its on TV at a wierd time. When we were play off regulars the crowds increased and we were buzzing. If we are ever in Div 1 or Div 2 play offs we'd be lucky to get 8k home fans especially if 1st leg is at home.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

It's the curse of the 'let's sell millions of season tickets at rock bottom prices'. So people watch more games than they normally would and aren't in the habit of paying £28 for the privilege when its on TV at a wierd time. When we were play off regulars the crowds increased and we were buzzing. If we are ever in Div 1 or Div 2 play offs we'd be lucky to get 8k home fans especially if 1st leg is at home.

And me thinking it was knicker night in Newcastle for the Sunderland youth to enjoy on a Saturday.

52 minutes ago, stevieb said:

42 minutes ago, Spider said:

Sold out

15 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Where's it being played?

14 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Chorley I think. 

I've got no idea now you mention it! 😂

Yes it's at Chorley tomorrow 3pm.

iamin +6.

Been for the last 3 home games and really enjoyed it.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yes it's at Chorley tomorrow 3pm.

iamin +6.

Been for the last 3 home games and really enjoyed it.

Find it odd Chorley get to play the final at home

That said, back in my 80s non league days, before it was cool, I saw Horwich win the GMAC Cup and they got to play both the semi final (v Enfield) and final (v Weymouth) at home

They won

Future Bolton physio Faz Page was up front for Horwich, future Chelsea record signing Paul Furlong up front for Enfield

Edited by ZicoKelly