Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators

Fair play to Liverpool pushing city all the way and making the PL not feel like Ligue One again 

Finishing second on 97 points and 1 defeat, can't begrudge them a CL win if they get it

3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Fair play to Liverpool pushing city all the way and making the PL not feel like Ligue One again 

Finishing second on 97 points and 1 defeat, can't begrudge them a CL win if they get it

Sums up my thoughts. Well done Man City they’ve both been very good.

More importantly well done Ole. Marvellous end to the season. He has made this season just about bearable 

Chelsea 3rd with a late run in.

Spuds  slipped to 4th at the death and although I suggested a while back that they weren't out of the woods yet, they hung in there by one point.

And despite being in the box seat a month or so ago Arse managed to snatch 5th place. Can't be happy with that although they will qualify for the CL on a technicality even if they lose the EL final.

Been a good season in the Prem IMO.

43 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Shame that the bolton fans on my Facebook can’t be arsed going home games but manage last couple of Chorley games 

One word parkinson. Prob wanted to see a side giving it a go and actually trying to play football. No shame in that imho. Driven to it id say

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Anyone but them Scouse cunts!

Even though I'm on the same side of Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham I can't bring myself to be on the same side as City, Utd and Everton

• Site Supporter

Facebook (if you bother) would have been absolutely fucking unbearable if the scousers has won the league today. 

As it was, the entire place was self pity free and still is.

After the champs league final I expect it to be different. 

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Facebook (if you bother) would have been absolutely fucking unbearable if the scousers has won the league today. 

As it was, the entire place was self pity free and still is.

After the champs league final I expect it to be different. 

lets hope not

8 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Salford will probably lose fans now they are in the league. I used to watch Accy Stanley quite a bit in non league but you can only support 1 league club

That's a great point I hadn't thought of before. It probably explains why Accringtons home support seems to reduce with each promotion. The attraction is watching non league, not the team's themselves. At a higher level, you get for e.g. Arsenal fans who can't afford the Emirates or who dont live near, watching a Gillingham or MK Dons because they aren't a threat...that would have applied to Bournemouth or Brighton 10 years ago but those 'fans' will have abandoned them when they went big time.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, tomski said:

Yoonited fans crying on talksport. 

Anyone who hates Liverpool more than the rags (except Pablo I guess) is weird

An honourable mention to Agent Solskjaer who is doing a sterling job down at the bog.

But the scousers simply cannot be allowed to get their hands on the main prize.

51 minutes ago, snowball said:

One word parkinson. Prob wanted to see a side giving it a go and actually trying to play football. No shame in that imho. Driven to it id say

Going to watch a team you don't support is like going to the cricket. It can be fun, have a pint, have a laugh, applaud the achievements and even have a bit of a sing at the opposition's expense. What you will NEVER feel is butterflies, anticipation, anger at team selection/style of play/under performing players, disappointment, pride in the team or fans, embarrassment, frustration, excitement and post match highs or lows that last for 2 days. It may as well be a different sport for all the relevance of comparing with watching a team that's in your blood whether you like it or not.