Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

19 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Going to watch a team you don't support is like going to the cricket. It can be fun, have a pint, have a laugh, applaud the achievements and even have a bit of a sing at the opposition's expense. What you will NEVER feel is butterflies, anticipation, anger at team selection/style of play/under performing players, disappointment, pride in the team or fans, embarrassment, frustration, excitement and post match highs or lows that last for 2 days. It may as well be a different sport for all the relevance of comparing with watching a team that's in your blood whether you like it or not.

Never the same

Been to a couple of Leyton Orient games this season with a few guys from work (did the Salford game). Was good having a couple of beers and going to the games but its just not the same, Spent most of the game checking our score on my phone.

20 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I hate Liverpool more than anybody, fucking horrible Scouse self pitying cunts.

They have 2 songs, one amplified YNWA and Liverrrrpoool Liveeerpoool, that's It, shit fans with not very funny flags! 

I'm Weird 😀

I’m afraid so Mr Grey😂

I was just wondering if now that the Premiership season is over - and with WBA's Gayle getting sent off in the playoff first leg - whether Rondon is now a WBA player again and eligible to play in the second leg v Villa on Tuesday? 

Anyone know anything about that?

Edited by Hoppy510

• Members
15 hours ago, Marc505 said:

2 more goals for ALF with 20 mins left to get hat trick in the Boddingtons League championship semi final live on BT1.

I'll be watching him next weekend when he rolls into town for the "Grand Final" at the sensational Optus Stadium in Perth. Front row seats in the Premier Club courtesy of a business associate.

Of course I will be hoping that Perth Glory's Spanish superstar orchestrates yet another win; the Glory win the trophy and ALF goes away disappointed. Always seems fucked to me that you end up clear top at the end of the regular season and all you get is some pissfarty pennant with the words "Minor Premiers" on it.

10 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Never the same

Been to a couple of Leyton Orient games this season with a few guys from work (did the Salford game). Was good having a couple of beers and going to the games but its just not the same, Spent most of the game checking our score on my phone.

Was near their ground a couple of weeks back so decided to have a look 

Made me wonder who lives in those flats that are basically built on top of the ground.

If you're a fan you wouldn't bother going to the game as you could watch it from your living room. If you're not then you're living in the wrong place 

Lack of decent pubs round there as well 

Congratulations to Liverpool on becoming the Premier League's best runners up 😊

I think its fair to  say that Liverpool get all their luck in the European Cup (winning 2 on penalties and meeting shite like Bruges and Tottenham in finals) whereas down the years Man Utd get their luck in the league

23 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Congratulations to Liverpool on becoming the Premier League's best runners up 😊

I think its fair to  say that Liverpool get all their luck in the European Cup (winning 2 on penalties and meeting shite like Bruges and Tottenham in finals) whereas down the years Man Utd get their luck in the league

Congratulations on managing to shoe horn United into another post.

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I'll be watching him next weekend when he rolls into town for the "Grand Final" at the sensational Optus Stadium in Perth. Front row seats in the Premier Club courtesy of a business associate.

Of course I will be hoping that Perth Glory's Spanish superstar orchestrates yet another win; the Glory win the trophy and ALF goes away disappointed. Always seems fucked to me that you end up clear top at the end of the regular season and all you get is some pissfarty pennant with the words "Minor Premiers" on it.

Looks unbelievable that stadium, some great venues in Australia from what I've seen. Surely due a World Cup bid...

It says Minor Premiers on it?! School team stuff.

53 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Astonishing decision for Brighton to sack Hughton.

Astonishing? 3 wins in 23, lost last 9 games of season. Brave id say if they start like that next season they down. Might backfire but all depends now on getting better manager.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, snowball said:

Astonishing? 3 wins in 23, lost last 9 games of season. Brave id say if they start like that next season they down. Might backfire but all depends now on getting better manager.

They drew at Arsenal in their penultimate game of the season. I know where they're coming from but who do they think they are? If they survive in the Premiership, it's a successful season for them, unless they are willing to throw shitloads of money at it like the dogheads.

39 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Got to say Hughton's had some dodgy sackings, Brum and Newcastle being most notable. Nobody shows him any loyalty.

That's because he makes Parky look adventurous! 

He's way too defensive. Which is OK when you're picking up points regularly 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

There's been a bit of grumbling from Brighton fans over the ultra defensive approach. Heard that before!

Seems harsh, but next season will show how good a decision it is.

ultra defensive is a by-product of stay in the PL at all costs

if they want an entertaining manager, they're going to have to throw money at the right manager and players, like Wolves, and hope it works

2 hours ago, snowball said:

If he's started the season with 3 wins from 23 and lost 9 in a row to the halfway point, he'd have been potted.

Sadly, that's about as long as you get nowadays.

5 minutes ago, Traf said:

If he's started the season with 3 wins from 23 and lost 9 in a row to the halfway point, he'd have been potted.

Sadly, that's about as long as you get nowadays.

Not if you manage us