Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

TBH, back in the day, City fans were a very honest bunch, very much like us, quick to take the piss out of themselves and any success was a bonus.

The higher a monkey climbs the more you see it's arse.

On 09/05/2019 at 10:13, Marc505 said:

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

They've been dopey at closing down. Their full backs may as well stayed at home

Kinell. They were getting ripped a new one by a much better team.

Once city went ahead they were tremendous. Good to see a team keep going too. Not into this "harsh" bollocks by commentators- if it's your team you want to see as many goals as possible. As a neutral, you also want to see goals.

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Once city went ahead they were tremendous. Good to see a team keep going too. Not into this "harsh" bollocks by commentators- if it's your team you want to see as many goals as possible. As a neutral, you also want to see goals.

If they had CL final still to play they would have declared at 4-0.

57 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

It’s not 

But big boys win champions league 

Ah the champions league..

Should be done under trades description act. How many times were Real Madrid La Liga champions in last 5 years? Once

City undone by the stupid away gosls rule. Clearly best side in Europe and they will win the 'Champions' League soon. What will Roger Du Red Knobhead gripe about then? Fewer people on Deansgate to welcome them home? Well done Citeh. Fuck Utd

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

City were fantastic, but especially Watford's full backs were pure aids. Heads up their arse on nearly every goal. Not that they had much help.

Love watching De Bruyne and City tbh. I remember folk in media jizzing themselves over mourinho's Chelsea and Benitezs lot they were sooo boring compared to city. Yes its cost them ( all out entertainment) in champs league but give me them anytime. And to think 3 years ago some of these experts said Guardiola style wasnt suited to premier 

Just now, snowball said:

Love watching De Bruyne and City tbh. I remember folk in media jizzing themselves over mourinho's Chelsea and Benitezs lot they were sooo boring compared to city. Yes its cost them ( all out entertainment) in champs league but give me them anytime. And to think 3 years ago some of these experts said Guardiola style wasnt suited to premier 

I think this city team is more entertaining than his barca tippy tappy shit. 

There's more pace and attacking intent down the wings than he had with xavi and iniesta passing it between themselves 90 times on the half way line til the opposition falls asleep.

54 minutes ago, snowball said:

Ah the champions league..

Should be done under trades description act. How many times were Real Madrid La Liga champions in last 5 years? Once

City undone by the stupid away gosls rule. Clearly best side in Europe and they will win the 'Champions' League soon. What will Roger Du Red Knobhead gripe about then? Fewer people on Deansgate to welcome them home? Well done Citeh. Fuck Utd

There is a reason that it is called Champions' League (previously Champions' Cup).

The competition was a concept put forward by the then editor of L'equipe.

UEFA refused to allow a club competition to be called European Cup as they wanted to keep that for a future competition between national teams rather than clubs, so the word Champions' was inserted. But even in its first season not all teams were domestic champions.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MalcolmW said:

If they had CL final still to play they would have declared at 4-0.

Quite possibly. Would have made sense. But they didn't this time, and that was the point. Great value for their fans.

Can you imagine Parky watching that. He'd have cold sweats and no hair.

• Members
6 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

It’s not 

But big boys win champions league 

Only a matter of time so start consoling yourself now. They are the prime example of how money has fucked football.

In a football purist sense however, you have to doff your cap. Absolutely outstanding.

11 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Only a matter of time so start consoling yourself now. They are the prime example of how money has fucked football.

In a football purist sense however, you have to doff your cap. Absolutely outstanding.

If these lot continue to clean up I’m moving 

Last year they won the League by a street. This year they won by 1 point, arguably because of one goal albeit the best goal Kompany has ever scored. It's getting tighter and with luck next season there will be more teams in the mix for a more competitive season. City will still be a great watch, but I'm not sure they'll get everything their own way next year.

7 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Last year they won the League by a street. This year they won by 1 point, arguably because of one goal albeit the best goal Kompany has ever scored. It's getting tighter and with luck next season there will be more teams in the mix for a more competitive season. City will still be a great watch, but I'm not sure they'll get everything their own way next year.

Nah

They’ve only won by a tight margin because Liverpool were also outstanding

Look at the amount of points achieved

The others are all miles off and will be for at least next season I’d have thought. If Liverpool can be as good again then great but if not it’ll be a stroll 

Agree with both of Bolty’s points - they’re amazing to watch but an example of why football is broken.