Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

On 11/09/2019 at 20:45, Andy Gee said:

Can't remember 1 I have sat all the way through since then. The Argentina match in 98 I watched the 1st half and went to get a Chinese just after half time. 2002 was good but that was mainly down to the pub opening early and drinking cocktails all day. Last year I played golf instead of watching the England matches. 

I'm not a huge England fan and a lot of good examples of games I have enjoyed have already been picked out. 

If you didn't enjoy Germany 1 England 5 then you are not wired up right! 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Liverpool's season?

Probably. After a million attempts and enough money to buy a fleet of aircraft carriers made of gold, it’s bound to happen. As ever, a catastrophic failure would be happily received.

City will go all out for the Chumps League.

3 hours ago, Spider said:

Stoke.

Laugh Out Loud.

Following us all the way to implosion. 

Fabulous. 

Can kind of handle fans of big clubs or Big followings cock waving but what I can’t handle is cunts like them thinking for years they were massive and bigger than the likes of us. 

Welcome back you cunts. 

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

They should have gone for our Gaz, instead of that Brazilian hair bear. Never rated him. 

Too right.  Its really bizarre that a Prem club would have Luiz at centre back.  Campo role or not at all.  Says it all about Emery that not only puts Luiz in that position but has Zhaka or whatever his name is as captain and allows the type of play that results in that first Watford goal.  That and zonal marking at corners and not marking anyone on edge of box makes me more angry as a football fan than Bolton shipping 6 goals.  

• Members
7 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

This is their year. Again.

I think you are correct. Looking pretty unstoppable but they will have their wobble just like they all do. If City don't get Laporte back til the new year it's likely the bird will have flown.

I have Liverpool linked with 4 others (Ajax, PSV, Benfica, Porto) in my 'safe doubles - holiday fund' bets this year. Opening bank already at 250%.

• Members

Now then, I have watched Man City implode this weekend and now Arsenal with all this fancy playing it around in your own box and completely fucking it up.

Is this current trend a result of the rule change or Guardiolaisation?

Give me the Sam Allardyce method any day. Don't fuck about with it back there, clear your lines and get the ball into the danger zone (for the opposition) as soon as possible.

• Members
7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I think you are correct. Looking pretty unstoppable but they will have their wobble just like they all do. If City don't get Laporte back til the new year it's likely the bird will have flown.

I have Liverpool linked with 4 others (Ajax, PSV, Benfica, Porto) in my 'safe doubles - holiday fund' bets this year. Opening bank already at 250%.

I’m still having City to do it. Depth of their squad is exceptional, don’t be surprised to see Fernandinho or Walker move to CB and do a job 

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Now then, I have watched Man City implode this weekend and now Arsenal with all this fancy playing it around in your own box and completely fucking it up.

Is this current trend a result of the rule change or Guardiolaisation?

Give me the Sam Allardyce method any day. Don't fuck about with it back there, clear your lines and get the ball into the danger zone (for the opposition) as soon as possible.

Or it was just a bad day at the office.