Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

12 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Not clear what you mean.  Their points total exaggerates how good they are.  Arguably someone like Stoke have until yesterday had a points total that doesn't do justice to their potential to win a championship game on a given day.  Yet the media expected Liverpool to turn  up and roll over a team that very rarely loses at home, even though they've been matched by Sheff U and Leicester in their last 2 games.  Over hyped in my opinion, they have some very average players, whereas City are streets ahead of every opponent they face.

That's up there with some of the oddest sentences ever typed on this place.

They've gone on the 2nd longest winning streak in top division history.

Can't stand the scousers but they are a tremendous football team.

They don't have the strength in depth that citeh do but their 1st 11 will beat anyone

I dislike Liverpool FC too much to be able to watch them play a game of football so can't comment on the match. However I am  pleased their winning streak is over.If they get into the habit of drawing matches they won't win the title.

I have seen Klopp's interview grumbling that Man Utd's tactics didn't suit them and with racism being a hot topic this week I was disappointed  he didn't reflect  Liverpool's stance on the issue  by wearing a Suarez t shirt as King Kenny did when he was their boss..

Apparantly the Liverpool support had hundreds of number 6s printed to hand out to their fans and some had number 6 balloons.This was in reference to the 4 European Cups and 2 CLs they have won.Whether intentionally or not many of the number 6's were held upside down so the Man Utd fans had a lot of "96"s to look at.The Man Utd fans didn't bite if they were being invited to mock Hillsborough.

39 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Apparantly the Liverpool support had hundreds of number 6s printed to hand out to their fans and some had number 6 balloons.This was in reference to the 4 European Cups and 2 CLs they have won.Whether intentionally or not many of the number 6's were held upside down so the Man Utd fans had a lot of "96"s to look at.The Man Utd fans didn't bite if they were being invited to mock Hillsborough.

Just when I wondered if you could possibly come up with any new material....😂

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I dislike Liverpool FC too much to be able to watch them play a game of football so can't comment on the match. However I am  pleased their winning streak is over.If they get into the habit of drawing matches they won't win the title.

I have seen Klopp's interview grumbling that Man Utd's tactics didn't suit them and with racism being a hot topic this week I was disappointed  he didn't reflect  Liverpool's stance on the issue  by wearing a Suarez t shirt as King Kenny did when he was their boss..

How do you know about the 9s and 6s if your dislike of Liverpool made watching the game impossible?

As an aside, I'd say I probably  'dislike' one or two teams in England but not one of them so much that it prevents me watching my own team play them. How have you got to the stage where hating Liverpool means you can't watch them play your beloved United?

8 minutes ago, MickyD said:

How do you know about the 9s and 6s if your dislike of Liverpool made watching the game impossible?

As an aside, I'd say I probably  'dislike' one or two teams in England but not one of them so much that it prevents me watching my own team play them. How have you got to the stage where hating Liverpool means you can't watch them play your beloved United?

Apparently 

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Oh yes because all of Roger's friends would report back to him, "Hey, Roger, all the scousers had sixes and nines!"

The internet did via various outlets 

I got a message off a liverpool mate in the away end about it 

No need to watch the match to know about it 

25 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I saw the photos of the Liverpool supporters holding up 6's and 9's on Twitter and asked whether Man Utd fans rose to the bait.

I don't love Man Utd, I hate Liverpool. I think we've done this before but to repeat I hated the actions of their supporters at Heysel and the attempts of their club to blame Chelsea fans, Uefa, the poor facilities at the stadium, the Belgian police and basically everything other than their own supporters for killing the Italian men, women and children

18 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I saw the photos of the Liverpool supporters holding up 6's and 9's on Twitter and asked whether Man Utd fans rose to the bait.

I don't love Man Utd, I hate Liverpool. I think we've done this before but to repeat I hated the actions of their supporters at Heysel and the attempts of their club to blame Chelsea fans, Uefa, the poor facilities at the stadium, the Belgian police and basically everything other than their own supporters for killing the Italian men, women and children

Come off it - you couldnt be more Man United if you tried!!!

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

and a Nor'n Irishman.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Sounds good. Providing they don't smash the place up.

aye

might be like when PSGs mob turned up at a women's game because it was the only one their banned ultras could go to, and then didn't get let in due to all the weapons and drugs they'd brought with them

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/21/psg-hooligans-barred-champions-league-clash-chelsea-womens-ground/

7 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

That's up there with some of the oddest sentences ever typed on this place.

They've gone on the 2nd longest winning streak in top division history.

Can't stand the scousers but they are a tremendous football team.

They don't have the strength in depth that citeh do but their 1st 11 will beat anyone

Disagree with it by all means but there's nothing odd about it, its just an opinion.  If a team wins all 38 games in a season, all by 1-0 with a 90th minutes offside goal, OG or dodgy pen, I'd suggest their points total of 114 exaggerates how good they are, but it doesnt mean they arent a good team.  Yes I agree their 1st eleven is a top side and should beat anyone, but I'm not sure any team has the luxury of naming their 1st eleven most weeks, it just doesnt happen, realistically you need a 1st 15 or so and that's why I think their points total is kind to them, they arent playing as well as they can.