Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

20 hours ago, bolty58 said:

You deny he's a winner? FFS just look at his record. I am sure if he delivers a trophy of two to Spurs they'll be erecting a statue of him outside of the new stadium.

As they are my 'London team' after the Muamba incident, I hope he is an outrageous success for them.

Used to be a winner when at top clubs.  Not in recent years.  And I dont think he's managed a club that wasnt already a top 4 club in that country so he cant be judged like a Dean Smith or Eddie Howe or Wilder who've taken clubs from nowhere and made them successful.  I'm not criticising his early/middle career at all, just going off what he is now, and the juries out. On a smaller scale Pulis, undoubted top manager of recent times, nobody would touch him now.  Mark Hughes, Van Gaal,  Martin O'Neill, Pardew, Moyes, they used to be good and nobody's going to take that away from them, it doesnt mean an ambitious club wants them now.  Just my opinion but Spurs should be going for a more progressive manager to suit their brand of football.  But bring it on, its going to be a great soap opera.

20 hours ago, bolty58 said:

You and I are from different planets. Pay back in kind. They want us to lose every game we play.

Long may they fail.

If I was Scottish, or Irish or Welsh, I'd want England to lose every game too.  I'd hate us, because we are bigger, and more successful and get all the ridiculous over the top hype and publicity every time there's a tournament (just talking football, but it could be widened to social and political etc, not going there).  Like Bury hate Bolton, I dont/didnt hate Bury, as long as they stay below us.   

• Members
4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If I was Scottish, or Irish or Welsh, I'd want England to lose every game too.  I'd hate us, because we are bigger, and more successful and get all the ridiculous over the top hype and publicity every time there's a tournament (just talking football, but it could be widened to social and political etc, not going there).  Like Bury hate Bolton, I dont/didnt hate Bury, as long as they stay below us.   

Different strokes matey. I want Ireland, Scotland and Wales to lose at every fucking thing. Northern Ireland - different story.

• Moderators

Manc Wanderer mentioned it else where but this is bizarre

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7719871/Family-ex-Aston-Villa-Bolton-player-Jlloyd-Samuel-accuse-wife-faking-death.html

Family of tragic ex-Premier League player Jlloyd Samuel accuse his wife of 'faking' his death in fireball car crash for insurance scam and believe he is still alive

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Keef said in his pre Accy interview that he doesn't believe in momentum in football.

That’s because he’s a red fan and they have none. I honestly think in the bottom 2 divisions, momentum takes you a long way but what do I know

7 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

That’s because he’s a red fan and they have none. I honestly think in the bottom 2 divisions, momentum takes you a long way but what do I know

More than Keef?

• Site Supporter

Some game.

At 2-0 up, with about 15 minutes left, Neville commented that SU should slow it down. Despite the fact that they had dominated by hard work, strong running and pressing in the right areas.

They slowed it down, dropped of a bit and bang, were looking at a defeat.

Back on the front foot to rescue it.