Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Emery won a bit before Arsenal

Ive said it for years, it’s not the manager, their defence has been shite for years, so mentally weak all over the park, absolutely no leaders? Emery appointed 3 captains this year. Madness.

I meant as opposed to someone like Ljungberg, Arteta, nuno santo or pochettio

someone like allegri or benetez would be the best bet to sort out their defensive issues - but they need new players, and in midfield as well - they've not had anyone like viera (or silva) for years - far too soft

• Members
38 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I meant as opposed to someone like Ljungberg, Arteta, nuno santo or pochettio

someone like allegri or benetez would be the best bet to sort out their defensive issues - but they need new players, and in midfield as well - they've not had anyone like viera (or silva) for years - far too soft

Benitez is a great shout it really is, whether you like him or not he’s a great coach 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Brendan Rogers on arsenal's short list supposedly.

Be a fool to go there at the moment I reckon.

He was on Spur's as well but apparently wanted nowt to do with it (or they didn't ask him)

Doubt he'll leave Leicester right now

• Site Supporter
Just now, ZicoKelly said:

He was on Spur's as well but apparently wanted nowt to do with it (or they didn't ask him)

Doubt he'll leave Leicester right now

I hope not.

Been a good watch have Leicester, and they've showed they're up there with a chance.

Unfortunately for them, it looks like Liverpool are just on a different level, but in a normal season it could be quite close.

Still not out of it, should Liverpool have a breakdown.

City only drawn too.

Surely Rogers would want to carry on where he is. More chance of winning something.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I hope not.

Been a good watch have Leicester, and they've showed they're up there with a chance.

Unfortunately for them, it looks like Liverpool are just on a different level, but in a normal season it could be quite close.

Still not out of it, should Liverpool have a breakdown.

City only drawn too.

Surely Rogers would want to carry on where he is. More chance of winning something.

It'd be good for English football if it were true, but I'm not sure he's got more chance of winning something where he is now.

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

This Matt Southall just shown in the crowd at Charlton, prospective new chairman. Is this the character who floated around our place with Bassini? Surely that crackpot can’t also be part of their Abu Dhabi consortium?

Just spotted that on twatter and opened this very thread to post the same thing.

Not sure if he was bassinis man was he? 

Sure he came in with FV then fucked off?

fuck knows it’s all one big blur

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It'd be good for English football if it were true, but I'm not sure he's got more chance of winning something where he is now.

He has at the moment!

Take your point, but there are plenty of suggestions from Arsenal fans that the club doesn't spend enough, but they also want to be winning stuff all the time.

I reckon Rogers would probably do well there, but if he doesn't succeed quickly, how long would be get?

Maybe a few seasons away from champions league might lower expectations a bit.

30 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He has at the moment!

Take your point, but there are plenty of suggestions from Arsenal fans that the club doesn't spend enough, but they also want to be winning stuff all the time.

I reckon Rogers would probably do well there, but if he doesn't succeed quickly, how long would be get?

Maybe a few seasons away from champions league might lower expectations a bit.

He probably wouldn't swap his squad for Arsenal's right now, which is an indictment on Arsenal's recruitment over the years.

That's exactly the problem with Arsenal though - they generate a big turnover but either can't or won't match the spending of the biggest clubs. It might be that one season the stars align and they win a major trophy but they can't hope for sustained success unless they change their approach. 

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Jussi’s son on tv in goals for Crewe v Eastleigh. 

Lincoln mate of mine has been to Marine vs Kendal Town today.  Says Emil Jaaskelainen started at Centre Forward for Kendal on loan from Blackpool.  Marine won 4-1 Jordan Lussey and George Newall turned out for Marine.  Thought Newall showed promise here but what do I know.