Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

At The Village Hotel in Solihull tonight. Full of the empty seats brigade watching their game vs Leicester

Fucking hell they are more deluded than I thought 

Please make sure that you know the following so that you never wrongly criticise them

- they are the 3rd richest club in the UK (apparently if you add together the combined wealth of the different shareholders then this is true)

- they won the league and the European Cup in the past don’t you know so are massive not just big. One of the “Top 4” English clubs!!

- the empty seats aren’t really empty as they’ve been paid for and just not sat in

- John Terry has won lots so his experience will have them in the top six by next season 

I could go on with more but these were just some of the genuine comments we got back from them. To be fair to them when they knew I was BWFC they were glad that we survived. They weren’t so kind to my Cardiff mate

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

At The Village Hotel in Solihull tonight. Full of the empty seats brigade watching their game vs Leicester

Please make sure that you know the following so that you never wrongly criticise them

- they are the 3rd richest club in the UK (apparently if you add together the combined wealth of the different shareholders then this is true)

- they won the league and the European Cup in the past don’t you know so are massive not just big. One of the “Top 4” English clubs!!

- the empty seats aren’t really empty as they’ve been paid for and just not sat in

- John Terry has won lots so his experience will have them in the top six by next season 

I could go on with more but these were just some of the genuine comments we got back from them. To be fair to them when they knew I was BWFC they were glad that we survived. They weren’t so kind to my Cardiff mate

Aye, top six in the championship hopefully.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

I read all of those points in that whingey, whiney horrible brummy accent. They make my teeth itch almost as much as scousers.

In the 30 or so years I’ve been a football fan I’ve never seen villa win anything of note bar maybe a league cup in 92 or summet. 

Theyve been shite for the whole of my lifetime. 

Question is were our fans like theirs in the 70’s, constantly harping on to the glory days thinking we were massive because we had loads on every week and won the FA cup?

Edited by gonzo

• Members
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

In the 30 or so years I’ve been a football fan I’ve never seen villa win anything of note bar maybe a league cup in 92 or summet. 

Question is were our fans like theirs in the 70’s, constantly harping on to the glory days thinking we were massive because we had loads on every week and won the FA cup?

No. We've never been anything like them. They always used to bring a big mob in the mad years and always got sent home with their tails between their legs. One particularly harrowing experience for them was in the Lever End when they were trapped against the Burnden Terrace fence. Fairly sure some (like Zulu) will remember that one. "Excquowse me officah. E's nicked my 'at" :D

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Top 6 for a lot of the 90s including runners up twice, though with a couple of relegation battles thrown in to keep it interesting. Won the League Cup twice during that period when (I think) it still mattered. Remember them beating reigning champions Inter over two legs in the UEFA Cup before going out to some chumps in the next round.

I like the accent and the Villa lads I know are sound, but I couldn’t give a shite about them one way or the other.

• Site Supporter

Add Sunderland to that list. For winning the FA Cup

And Blackburn because they bought the Premier League when it only cost 3 shillings and sixpence

And Wigan for winning an FACup much more recently than our four wins back in the depths of history.

• Members
3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Add Sunderland to that list. For winning the FA Cup

And Blackburn because they bought the Premier League when it only cost 3 shillings and sixpence

And Wigan for winning an FACup much more recently than our four wins back in the depths of history.

Winning a league fair enough. FA cup, get to shite. 
League Cup, Jockey Wilson has won a few of them

To be fair Villa and Everton did use to win stuff. Since the premier league came in though they've just become perennial also rans.  Spurs are no better. Never win owt, loved by the media but fast becoming another Newcastle. 

Based on crowds and size of stadium, can there be any bigger under achievers than Sunderland? Is it 1 fa cup win and a couple of finals defeats since the war? Given their debt it's hard to see that changing anytime soon either

• Moderators

Made me laugh when villa used to throw daft money at players to finish sixth and get knocked out the uefa cup early doors

Doug Ellis used to say it pissed him off there were players he didn't know the names of, because they never played, with better motors than him on the villa car park

They sold us Cahill for £5m when they bought Carlos Cuellar for nearly twice as much

Idiots