Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

48 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Apparently Germans don't consider three goals a hat trick, unless

1) they are all scored in the same half (which they were)

2) they are three goals in a row and no player, from either side, scores a goal inbetween (Sancho scored between his first and second)

WTF? - Fuckin' weirdos them Germans.

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Listening to radio 5 on the way home

They had this German reporter on talking about it

2) they are three goals in a row and no player, from either side, scores a goal inbetween (Sancho scored between his first and second)

Fucking hell they are some high standards.

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Listening to radio 5 on the way home

They had this German reporter on talking about it

It’s Fredi Bobic I feel sorry for. 

6 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Already looking at teams in leagues below (usually a March/April) pastime, that. 

The prospect of Barrow away is one thing... But Harrogate?!

Tickets would be like rocking horse shit for those two plus Salford. Although there’s no chance Barrow or Salford would be played on a weekend. Only other one in short supply would be Mansfield. Likes of Crewe, Macclesfield and Morecambe would probably quite happy to give us half the ground. 

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

It’s Fredi Bobic I feel sorry for. 

Tickets would be like rocking horse shit for those two plus Salford. Although there’s no chance Barrow or Salford would be played on a weekend. Only other one in short supply would be Mansfield. Likes of Crewe, Macclesfield and Morecambe would probably quite happy to give us half the ground. 

I've no experience of Barrow or Harrogate's grounds but I imagine the away allocations would make Fleetwood and Accrington look like a Wembley split 

14 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I've no experience of Barrow or Harrogate's grounds but I imagine the away allocations would make Fleetwood and Accrington look like a Wembley split 

Barrow is about 1,300 at a guess but as a proper old school ground and great boozing town with a direct train from Bolton it will be the game circled by most I expect. 

Harrogate currently allocate a whopping 850 away tickets (700 terrace, 150 seats). 

27 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Barrow is about 1,300 at a guess but as a proper old school ground and great boozing town with a direct train from Bolton it will be the game circled by most I expect. 

Harrogate currently allocate a whopping 850 away tickets (700 terrace, 150 seats). 

It's going to be a real scramble for tickets to a few of those. I cannot believe the prospect of Barrow home and away in the fucking league is now a real probability.

There's a pub that does superb Yorkshire tapas in Harrogate, silver linings and all that.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Plenty of time left yet & only one auto spot 

Be good if Stockport come up 

I hope so, I've never walked to an away game before (apart from when Bolton played Horwich RMI in a pre season friendly in 1994)

4 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

I hope so, I've never walked to an away game before (apart from when Bolton played Horwich RMI in a pre season friendly in 1994)

I walked to an away game when we played Macclesfield and will do it again next season if they stay up.