Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

I should have clarified - in the PL. Wouldn't really class 11th place as 'good' for Burnley to be honest considering they're pretty well established and finished 7th a couple of years back.

Did our eleven years make us "established"? If you aren't in the top half dozen or so you are very much in danger of being at the bottom of "the rest of the league"

4 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Weird season - so far there's only 3 teams that can claim to have done well - Liverpool, Leicester and Sheff Utd.

Got to agree with that, although I'd add Wolves because they've stayed top half and had a great Europa run, any team outside the big boys would settle for that any year.  Wierdly one of the few teams I would watch if they are on TV are Norwich, really good football (but with Hanley at back for some unknown reason).

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I can see this is gonna take a bit of time, I will ride this out.... actually I can see this being a long fucking ride! 

Speak to Spider about how best to deal with this murky confession, he got through it and arguably came out of it a stronger man

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Speak to Spider about how best to deal with this murky confession, he got through it and arguably came out of it a stronger man

I’ve done my time.

I rejected the family reds to plough a lonely and often difficult furrow on the Burnden Paddock. I was forced onto the bars of the Stretford End before I really knew what was what.

I made the right choice. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Spider said:

I’ve done my time.

I rejected the family reds to plough a lonely and often difficult furrow on the Burnden Paddock. I was forced onto the bars of the Stretford End before I really knew what was what.

I made the right choice. 

I thought people called you Simply red because you’re ginger. 

2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Some result as it stands for St Pauli, wow 

Edit - though the score has changed from 0-3 to 0-2 as I typed that, weird.

Watched that match. Enjoyed it turned over from spurs chelsea which was typical hyped premier shite. The commmentator on the Hamburg game clearly didnt know his onions. Was 3-0 on screen for ages (15 mins?) and going on that at 0-3 game was over. The casually announces oh that 3rd goal was actually disallowed its only 0-2! Far as i could make out it wasnt VAR so surely he saw where they restarted game? Then failed to give reason for disallowed hamburg goal despite ref clearly indicating hand ball in build up. Good game and looked a good crowd for Bundesliga Zwei away support making all noise obvs

1 hour ago, snowball said:

Watched that match. Enjoyed it turned over from spurs chelsea which was typical hyped premier shite. The commmentator on the Hamburg game clearly didnt know his onions. Was 3-0 on screen for ages (15 mins?) and going on that at 0-3 game was over. The casually announces oh that 3rd goal was actually disallowed its only 0-2! Far as i could make out it wasnt VAR so surely he saw where they restarted game? Then failed to give reason for disallowed hamburg goal despite ref clearly indicating hand ball in build up. Good game and looked a good crowd for Bundesliga Zwei away support making all noise obvs

I couldn't understand why it had been disallowed, I know they "do" VAR better than us around Europe, but it's still frustrating.

Agree on the PL game I put it on for a bit and there's just something really flat about it. Mind you it could be a Sky hype thing, they're bigging up the start of the women's netball super league as if it's the world cup final as well.

Some decent games when I've watched Bundesliga 2, the quality drops off a cliff when you watch the regional stuff though, but match experience still brilliant.