Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Spider said:

Stones is a goal a game for the opposition, guaranteed.

Shame his parents forgot to teach him life skills like, Don't put all your body-weight on a foot that isn't touching the ground.

Hey Rudy, is that your area of expertise? :lol:

• Moderators
1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Let me help you out; Villa

At least they made a game of it, so wasn't a waste of an afternoon

Random fact i heard the other day

Before Ferguson turned up at Utd, Villa were more successful in terms of silverware

26 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just watching el Classico it’s pace and passing accuracy is way ahead of anything in the premier league, it’s like watching FIFA computer game. 

It's been a good 0-0 first half, Barca should be 3-0 up, Courtois' two one one one saves and Griezmann's sitter keeping Real in it 

Edited by Didledee

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just watching el Classico it’s pace and passing accuracy is way ahead of anything in the premier league, it’s like watching FIFA computer game. 

Not sure about that. City just did a job on Real, very competently.

And they're a long way behind Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure about that. City just did a job on Real, very competently.

And they're a long way behind Liverpool.

Nobody really believes City are a long way behind Liverpool.  If the season started tomorrow, the odds would be very similar for both teams to win the league, its just that City have surprisingly lost some at Norwich or v Wolves, and Liverpool have over achieved with loads of narrow wins and have had a freakish lack of injuries.  Its like saying wer're a long way behind Wimbledon or Tranmere, we arent really, its just our current league position, would we really swap their teams for ours.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Nobody really believes City are a long way behind Liverpool.  If the season started tomorrow, the odds would be very similar for both teams to win the league, its just that City have surprisingly lost some at Norwich or v Wolves, and Liverpool have over achieved with loads of narrow wins and have had a freakish lack of injuries.  Its like saying wer're a long way behind Wimbledon or Tranmere, we arent really, its just our current league position, would we really swap their teams for ours.

Agree with this. City With 2 or 3 astute summer signings will for me be favourites for the league next year and will win it 

1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

They’re never a million miles away.

City lost Laporte. 
Where would Liverpool be if they lost Van Dijk for half a season?

Not sure Laporte is quite a van dijk but get your drift. 

new centre half is essential and I’m not sure zinchenko is upto it  Either 

also big ask for Foden to replace Silva If that’s the plan. In time yes but right now not for me 

but what do I know 😂😂. Football manager on my laptop about the extent of my qualification 

• Members
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Not sure Laporte is quite a van dijk but get your drift. 

new centre half is essential and I’m not sure zinchenko is upto it  Either 

also big ask for Foden to replace Silva If that’s the plan. In time yes but right now not for me 

but what do I know 😂😂. Football manager on my laptop about the extent of my qualification 

Centre half will be signed. 
need to sort the Sane problem out. 
not a summer transfer window without sighing a wing back 😁

Foden is a special special talent. It’s effortless to him.

No one can replace Dave Silva, one of the best players the PL has ever had.

4 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Centre half will be signed. 
need to sort the Sane problem out. 
not a summer transfer window without sighing a wing back 😁

Foden is a special special talent. It’s effortless to him.

No one can replace Dave Silva, one of the best players the PL has ever had.

Agree foden is exceptional just alot of pressure on someone so young 

silva is a legend. Just goes about his business with zero fuss.  Must be a managers dream really 

• Members
7 hours ago, Spider said:

Stones is a goal a game for the opposition, guaranteed.

Should change his name to Stump by deed poll. Never rated him. Don't rate any of City's central defenders except Laporte.

Is Aguero off at the end of this season? Suspect Stones might be.

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Approx 20 points is a long way.

Wasn't referring to overall quality of the teams. As it happens both are capable of winning the champs league, and whilst city v real isn't over, the fact that city turned them over with a side that had city fans scratching their heads, shows they are more than capable of matching top teams throughout Europe.

As it happens, listening to Bayern against British teams, they must be one of, if not the favourite.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

They’re never a million miles away.

City lost Laporte. 
Where would Liverpool be if they lost Van Dijk for half a season?

it depends whether they've already gone out and signed adequate backup, or if they play Fabinho there instead