Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

16 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Went for a night match in about 1978

Very drunk

League cup, lost ?? The only coach from Hargreaves was full so my mate ,AH from Horwich,, & me hitched it. With 2 of us it was slow going & it was after 9 when we reached Exeter ,Ā neither of us could be arsed going to the ground soĀ went on to Torquay instead !!

It's still a ground i've not been to which is a reason why i hope we have them next season.

27 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

League cup, lost ?? The only coach from Hargreaves was full so my mate ,AH from Horwich,, & me hitched it. With 2 of us it was slow going & it was after 9 when we reached Exeter ,Ā neither of us could be arsed going to the ground soĀ went on to Torquay instead !!

It's still a ground i've not been to which is a reason why i hope we have them next season.

Aye, that one, I'm not sure we've played there often

Really nasty challenge to come in from the blind side like that meaning theĀ Northampton player was inĀ no way prepared for it. Leg breaker, really.Ā 

(Exeter looking like a change of trains at Birmingham. Manchester-Exeter flight route no longer applicable with Flybeā€™s demise, it seems)

38 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

AH, did he become a school teacher??? If so a few of us from L/H know him.

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Really nasty challenge to come in from the blind side like that meaning theĀ Northampton player was inĀ no way prepared for it. Leg breaker, really.Ā 

(Exeter looking like a change of trains at Birmingham. Manchester-Exeter flight route no longer applicable with Flybeā€™s demise, it seems)

Aye itā€™s a cool 4 and a bit hours on the rattler, a stop over would be good depending when

i must of missed Flybe going bump

1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Aye itā€™s a cool 4 and a bit hours on the rattler, a stop over would be good depending when

i must of missed Flybe going bump

Yes Iā€™ve had it marked down as a stopover all along.

FlyBe went bust in early March. Theyā€™ve blamed Covid but they were already on their arse.Ā