Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators
13 hours ago, kent_white said:

Did anybody else realised they don't actually give a fuck about Premier League football during lockdown?

I've enjoyed the fixture schedule being condensed meaning a game or two everyday, and the relegation scrap kept things interesting

That said, i don't think i watched a match in it's entirety, but dipped in and out of a few

11 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Looking forward to the champions league tbh

Probably on my jack but enjoyed watching recent premier games 

I've enjoyed it in parts, there were some decent games and some terrible games but it was obvious some teams were more prepared than others in the first couple of weeks back.

The excitement I had for next season that had been going through the roof has started to peter out a bit though. I'm obviously really interested and excited to see how the new look team plays and I hope a few of us can get into home games.

But having read a couple of articles in the news talking about the reality (or lack of) away fans returning soon if at all next season, it's kind of made me think it's all very well us potentially going to Cambridge, Colchester, Exeter etc and ripping the league up but if we're just watching it on a laptop screen at home how much fun can we really take out of that. Want us out of this league ASAP, but I wanted us to have experienced these places too.

• Members
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

I remember the conversation when Marco Silva took over and was about to propel them to European glory the horror of Big Sam's reign! 😂😂😂

It's delusion, pure and simple. They still think they are special and relevant so BSA could never fit the bill.

Deluded and will always be in the shadow of their near neighbour.

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Premier League is a group of 20 teams, 6 of which compete for which order they finish and the other 14 of which compete not to be relegated.

It is, and to be fair, that's changed fairly recently, as it used to be 4 and 16, now it's 6 and 14, but then that's pretty much like all the top leagues across Europe really. In England now, clubs, with the exception of the top few, merely exist in the hope of maybe one day winning the league cup. Every twenty or thirty years a team forgets their place and wins something decent (Leicester and Wigan as prime examples)

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Premier League is a group of 20 teams, 6 of which compete for which order they finish and the other 14 of which compete not to be relegated.

I take your point but I'd say these clubs wouldn't take finishing anything other than top half next season:  

Liverpool, City, Utd, Chelsea, Leicester, Spurs, Wolves, Arsenal, Everton.  That's 9.  We cant judge the 3 coming up, nobody can blame them for just trying to survive, so that only leaves 8 clubs that you could say would settle for avoiding relegation and I think Southampton, Newcastle and Sheff U's managers would disagree that they just want to stop up.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I take your point but I'd say these clubs wouldn't take finishing anything other than top half next season:  

Liverpool, City, Utd, Chelsea, Leicester, Spurs, Wolves, Arsenal, Everton.  That's 9.  We cant judge the 3 coming up, nobody can blame them for just trying to survive, so that only leaves 8 clubs that you could say would settle for avoiding relegation and I think Southampton, Newcastle and Sheff U's managers would disagree that they just want to stop up.

Everton? They've become used to, and accepting of, being non-competitive

Edited by boltondiver

33 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Everton? They've become used to, and accepting of, being non-competitive

Their fans can't do anything about it, they can't make their club pay £130 million for a centre half and a goalkeeper like their neighbours  have done for example.And even spending money like that their neighbours have only won 3 of the major trophies in 13 years. City and United have won 3 in a season in recent times

33 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Their fans can't do anything about it, they can't make their club pay £130 million for a centre half and a goalkeeper like their neighbours  have done for example.And even spending money like that their neighbours have only won 3 of the major trophies in 13 years. City and United have won 3 in a season in recent times

Sure

But I think the club have given up as well, not just the fans!

Brentford have been a delight to watch for quite some time. Be a cracking game them and Fulham in the final. Whichever goes up absolutely will come straight back down though 

norwich tried to take their free flowing style to the Prem. Didn’t end well 

40 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Sure

But I think the club have given up as well, not just the fans!

Everton have spent a fortune the last few seasons, like Arsenal, but mainly on over rated shite. I have an Everton mate who laughs at it, he thinks the club has lost it's identity and the club needs to get a grip. 

• Members
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Brentford have been a delight to watch for quite some time. Be a cracking game them and Fulham in the final. Whichever goes up absolutely will come straight back down though 

norwich tried to take their free flowing style to the Prem. Didn’t end well 

Free flowing in the championship gets ripped apart by the top 10 in the prem