Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

3 hours ago, white noise said:

‘Bolton won't get bullied at the back this season , ive seen rugby teams with a smaller pack, and all comfortable on the ball #BWFC‘.-  Atherton staff member.

I was stood with him and we were discussing the merits of the 3 lads across the back, very strong in the air and more than competent on the floor, worked well for each other, they will take some beating this coming season. For me Politic was the best player on the park, wearing the armband he led by example, non stop working and encouraging everyone around him, seems to me a natural leader.

Colls played their part and were unlucky/poor finishing/hit the bar and could have scored a couple, a decent game played in the right spirit. We were gutted to have to play a potential money spinner behind closed doors but that is what was asked of us so we complied, BWFC have hinted at another game once both of our seasons are underway, it will be a night match and I would imagine feature those on the fringe of the first team, we'll see. From all of us at Colls the very best wishes for BWFC this season (90% of Colls fans are Bolton fans)

1 hour ago, wanderer1984 said:

Our team sheet from today's game. Not sure how accurate it is. https://mobile.twitter.com/bwfctalk/status/1289593261753958405/photo/1 

I noticed a Tweet about a long term partnership with Macron as 'technical sponsor' I haven't seen it referenced anywhere else, anybody got any ideas as to what it means other than kits of course?

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, tkonion said:

I noticed a Tweet about a long term partnership with Macron as 'technical sponsor' I haven't seen it referenced anywhere else, anybody got any ideas as to what it means other than kits of course?

I read that as training gear, kits, leisure wear etc. No doubt we still owe them something from Sweaty's time. 

I hate that bastard and his scruffy aids infested son

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

Does Baptiste owe us on wages from last time or something?

Got a good feeling about this one. In a Karl Henry type way. 

Old head, played at a much higher level etc. His mind will be sharper than most of this division. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Old head, played at a much higher level etc. His mind will be sharper than most of this division. 

I've thought similar. We were hoping to get back to the premier last time he was here. If hes fit, he'll be class to have around.

If his wages were 'eye watering' last time then he should have made his money so a cheap deal could work for everyone

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

It's mad that when we signed him derbys chairman said they couldn't match our eye watering terms

Apparently as he was a free we offered him a £1.2m signing on fee whilst other clubs were offering in the region of 100k

58 minutes ago, tkonion said:

Not sure how long the deal is, don't think it's been confirmed yet. This explains what a technical sponsors is .....  https://rtrsports.co.uk/blog/technical-sponsor/

37 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I read that as training gear, kits, leisure wear etc. No doubt we still owe them something from Sweaty's time. 

I hate that bastard and his scruffy aids infested son

I had another read of the Twitter thread that I saw it on and reached the same conclusion. It just seems a strange way of saying kit supplier.

Won't Macron have been paid out with the rest of the creditors when we were in admin?

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, tkonion said:

I had another read of the Twitter thread that I saw it on and reached the same conclusion. It just seems a strange way of saying kit supplier.

Won't Macron have been paid out with the rest of the creditors when we were in admin?

I reckon we came to an arrangement with Macron, something along the lines of we aren't paying you 25p in the £ for what we owe but moving forward, we'll cover our Bill's and go halves on profits for next 3 years etc

Edited by Biggish Dave

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

I reckon we came to an arrangement with Macron, something along the lines of we aren't paying you 25p in the £ for what we owe but moving forward, we'll cover our Bill's and go halves on profits for next 3 years etc

Could well be the case Biggish. Macron must have had a lot of confidence that we'd still be around to agree to it.

39 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

It's mad that when we signed him derbys chairman said they couldn't match our eye watering terms

Apparently as he was a free we offered him a £1.2m signing on fee whilst other clubs were offering in the region of 100k

Aye he was one of many overrated, overpaid flops signed around that time. Didn’t help deadly doug playing him right back, then left back. 

Hed signed thinking he was gonna he centre half as well. Yeovil was a particular highlight.

Still he was ace at Blackpool and been in and out of championship teams after us. Hopefully he’s calmed down off the pitch too. Got to trust Evo.

14 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Hopefully back where they belong in no time, leagues 1 and 2

With parachute payments, £40mil from one sale already and no doubt more to come, and a great squad, they'd have to get a fairly bad manager not to get promoted straight back, unfortunately.  Especially without this season's big hitters WBA, Leeds and maybe Fulham to worry about. 

14 hours ago, gonzo said:

Whenever I see Baptiste in a line up I see "penalty to the opposition".  One of the clumsiest defenders I've seen play for us, after Knight.  Can only have got slower in the last 6 years and completely goes against everyone saying we need youngish hungry players.  If we'd signed Wheater or Hobbs everyone would say they're too old or injury prone etc but they are better defenders, better leaders, more likely to score and been less injured in the last year.  But I do trust Evatt to get the best players in that he can get within budget.