Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Sweep said:

I agree, no way can they be letting away fans in grounds this side of Christmas

Already been on to my mate,  who lives in Harrogate,  to make sure tickets are available for  me and my lad.

• Members
23 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

4000 capacity at Harrogate. Artificial pitch. Do they get a year or two to change it, as there not allowed in the football league.

Don’t think they can have a artificial pitch anymore. Think it changed this year in the football league.

Capacity of 4000 is the minimum 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If a manager is well liked or successful or in his honeymoon period the 35 year old ex colleague is regarded as a trusted ally. If/when results take a downward turn, it’s jobs for the boys and the player is only here for a last payday.

That's hardly a groundbreaking insight... 

29 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

4000 capacity at Harrogate. Artificial pitch. Do they get a year or two to change it, as there not allowed in the football league.

The commentators on TV said during the game today said if they win they'll have to rip up the artificial pitch during this close season. I'm not sure if that's a fact or not, doesn't give them much time for a new pitch to bed before the 12th of September.

7 minutes ago, tkonion said:

The commentators on TV said during the game today said if they win they'll have to rip up the artificial pitch during this close season. I'm not sure if that's a fact or not, doesn't give them much time for a new pitch to bed before the 12th of September.

Talk of first few weeks being played at another ground, they used Doncaster when the 3G pitch was layed years back 

3 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Harrogate Town, Forest Green Rovers, Cheltenham Town, Macclesfield Town, Morecombe and Tranmere Rovers all in the same division as us. Hard to believe but what's worse Wycombe Wanderers 2 divisions higher than us and Fleetwood, Rochdale and Crewe in a higher division

I wouldn’t be concerned by who we happen to share a division with for one season. In recent times we’ve been below or level with Hereford, Hartlepool, Halifax, Orient, Wrexham, Torquay, York, Darlington, Chester, Scarborough, Stockport, Notts County, Aldershot, Chesterfield, Bury. 7 of those have had to re-form with new identities and all have been non league or gone all together. The teams we play this season will just be a fond memory in 10 years for us.

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Me and the missus go about twice a year, stay at the crown plaza for a night, cheap club lounge on the HCG points, its a pretentious place, the couple we go with love it, im like "where's the fucking juke box" ...and the locals have never heard of one, then bring the gramophone out and some old 78's.

I mean you're really selling this place 🤣 

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

its nice, plenty of pubs, maybe one weatherspoons, we would probably wreck the place and would be made unwelcome thereafter, 12 noon kick offs on police advice, hopefully we only have to play them once (away).

I thought it was blummin lovely when I went and I actually thought whilst there that this is one of the last places I'd want a load of Bolton piling through (also thought "obviously itd have to be in the cup as we'll never play them in the league...")

If its shifted to York, thatd be another big day out. Not that itll matter but theyve got a new stadium themselves and its miles out of town.

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

It is lovely but pretentious, funny enough im off to York next week for 2 days for the missus' birthday. Both top places, prefer York out of the two.

You need a rest I thought some of those step counts you've been posting were a weeks' total not a single day! I prefer York too, one of my favourite places.

• Site Supporter

Crowne Plaza is the hotel I stay in every couple of years when using the Harrogate Exhibition Centre next door. It’s an ok hotel but watch out for Leffes lager. Last time I was there it was £8.50 a pint. Other drinks are available at closer to prices you’d expect in a decent hotel. Fiver a pint ish.

Spoons is just off Kings Road and is bloody massive. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Apparently it is going to be Doncaster after all.

And I now make that the third time Iles has referenced whether he will be able (or not) to tick Harrogate off his visited list. Lucky for some, hey.

Hes a cnut