Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Its massive news that we can watch non league games.  I'll be at as many games as I can get to until such time that we are allowed back in EFL games.  I usually get to 1 or 2 non league a season but with no other options and TV football a turn off with no fans, its the only show in town for the foreseeable.

• Members
8 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

And just as important to me is that he is a player I could watch all day long & a consummate professional. 

Spot on Ronnie. Deserves his statue. Plenty of great players there but he has been the outstanding one IMO.

This discussion of how good a player Silva is and relevance to the statue is missing the point a bit for me.

Also a question of the relationship between club and player as much as anything. Good example, Nat and Bolton the unbreakable lifelong marriage. Obviously City love him but does Silva really love City? He's just fucked them off for Sociedad. Henry went to Barcelona. 

Some might say he's returning home, but wasn't he almost joining Lazio at one point. 

1 hour ago, jayjayoghani said:

This discussion of how good a player Silva is and relevance to the statue is missing the point a bit for me.

Also a question of the relationship between club and player as much as anything. Good example, Nat and Bolton the unbreakable lifelong marriage. Obviously City love him but does Silva really love City? He's just fucked them off for Sociedad. Henry went to Barcelona. 

Some might say he's returning home, but wasn't he almost joining Lazio at one point. 

The statue of the player should also reflect the club.

Can you think of anyone better to represent City, than a Foreign player, already established, keeping young English talent out of the side for the last couple of years ?

Its the perfect statue for what City have become.

And I like Silva as a player, but I'm not sure I remember a season when you would have had him as City's best Midfielder.

• Members
3 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

He’s gone back home for family reasons. 

Nat started at Bolton, hardly Silvas fault he couldn’t start there. He’s done 10 years at one club what more could he do?

There’s a reason ex PL players In particular Centre mids say he’s one of the very best.

26 minutes ago, Rudy said:

He’s gone back home for family reasons. 

Nat started at Bolton, hardly Silvas fault he couldn’t start there. He’s done 10 years at one club what more could he do?

There’s a reason ex PL players In particular Centre mids say he’s one of the very best.

I don’t think anyone is questioning his ability he’s a phenomenal talent. It’s the need to shove up a statue that most are just a bit meh about. Seems overkill to most. But end of day if the club sees fit to do it then so be it 

• Members
21 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I don’t think anyone is questioning his ability he’s a phenomenal talent. It’s the need to shove up a statue that most are just a bit meh about. Seems overkill to most. But end of day if the club sees fit to do it then so be it 

If Michael Jackson can get one after diddling a load of kids then Silva can have one for being a bloody wizard on the pitch

4 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I think the 3 standout players in City's 12 year history are Yaya Toure, Aguero and De Bruyne.They are the ones that were the difference between winning trophies or not.Silva is one of several very good players they have had but not really worthy of a statue

i'd go for Vinny Kompany, Aguero and Silva.